~Six~

By morning Nate was back to his normal self. He no longer was crying and shaking, but helping his father move the dead ones. "Nate." Both Daryl and Nate look over as Amy walked up to them. "Here's your knife back." She says, handing the knife over to him. "Thank you... for last night, saving me, giving my your knife,-"

"Your welcome." He takes the knife back and frowns. "Here, take this one." He says as he hands her the knife he'd been using all morning. He always had an extra one, this one wasn't his mother's. The one Amy had used was his mother's, she had given it to him on his first hunt and he knew he couldn't give it to Amy, but the extra one he could.

"I couldn't-

"Better you have a sort of weapon on you, just in case." He says, holding it out to her.

"Thank you." She says, taking the knife from his wounded hand. Daryl frowns as he sees the wrapped hand.

"What the hell?!" He grabs Nate's hand.

"Oh, shit, dad." He hisses in pain at his father's rough touch.

"Did you get bit? Scratched?" Daryl demands as he unwraps the bandage.

"What? No?! I cut myself when I was helping Amy descale the fish." Daryl pauses and looks at the wound before looking at his son.

"Descaling fish?" Nate nods and receives a hit to the head. "Boy, how many times did I tell you to never descale a fish with the back of your knife."

"Ow, sorry I-

"You always end up cutting yourself like that." He shakes his head. "Who did the stitching?"

"I did, sir." Amy tells him. "Nate showed me how. I'm sorry if I got Nate in trouble." Daryl shakes his head.

"Nate got Nate in trouble." He says before taking Nate's knife.

"Dad-

"You'll get this back when I say so." He says, stuffing the knife into his boot with a shake of his head. "You know better, Nate." He says before walking off and grabbing the ax. He begins to ax the walkers in the head, just in case they got back up.

"I'm sorry." Nate sighs and looks at Amy.

"It's not your fault. I knew my dad would be pissed. He's always gets mad when I descale fish wrong."

"Why do it then?" Nate sighs and looks down at his hand.

"My mom used to do it like that. It used to drive my dad up the walls. It was how she taught me to do it."

"You said your dad taught you." Nate looks over at her and smiles.

"He taught me the right away to descale fish after he learned I kept getting my hand cut open for the past year by doing what my mother does. By then it was engraved into my head that there was no other way." Amy laughs and shakes his head.

"Sounds like you're screwed then." Nate smiles.

"Yeah, it appears so." Amy walks up closer to him and smiles up at him.

"I never got to finish thanking you for saving me." She says, her hand resting on his chest. His eyes move to his father, who was watching the two.

"My dad would kill me if I stop walking to go..." He pauses and eyes Amy over. "'Have fun' with you." Amy smiles.

"What about after?" Nate smiles.

"I don't think your sister wants you spending your nights with me." Amy looks over and sees Andrea glaring holes into Nate.

"Oh well," She says as she looks up at him. "Because I loved that kiss last night." Nate smiles and Amy pulls his head down, kissing him. Nate kisses her back, his good hand wrapping around and laying on her waist.