Chapter 1

*Jhanvi Pov*

"Jahnvi?" I heard someone calling and turned to see my professor.

"Yes, maam?" I asked smiling.

"Can you do me a favor? I have to meet the head of department but I have a work at the hospital." She requested.

"What should I do?" I asked, smiling, feeling relief that there was no mistake from my side regarding presentation which I thought she will talk about.

"Give these files to Dr.Raj. He wanted me to give him a list of people who can be taken under his wing." She replied and added, "And don't peak."

I chuckled and took the files before leaving the campus and walked a few minutes. I reached the hospital and walked inside.

"Good morning, Jhanvi." Receptionist greeted me and I greeted her back.

I walked to the elevator and reached the floor before knocking on the door. Hearing the reply from the other side, I opened it and walked inside.

"Ah! Jhanvi!" Dr.Raj said with a smile.

I smiled back and placed the files before him. He glanced at the top file before nodding at me.

"So, are you ready to work under my wing?" he suddenly asked making me still.

"She selected me? But you haven't even checked the files." I asked frowning.

"I bet your name must be there. You are part of this hospital and knows everything more than any doctor here. I doubted regarding that when my resident said, but during these few years, I know he is right." He said smiling.

"The perks of being left by your parents at a well thought place." I mumbled shrugging and he shook his head.

"Now, I want you to be here the next day of your exam." He said staring at me.

"But..." I started to say which eh waved off adding, "Go and prepare for your exams."

I sighed and left thinking about his words. Do I really want to work for a Neuro surgeon? Is this the field I want to be in? I asked myself and reached the reception.

"Thank god you are here, Jhanvi. I need your help." The head nurse said when I was about to pass the reception.

"What is it?" I asked her smiling seeing the way a very strict and blank expression person having an irritated look.

"This is kind of little trouble, but I think you may handle it or I hope so." She mumbled.

"What should I do?" I asked for the second time of the day with a very less time difference.

"There is one patient who got hurt today and there is a chance of concussion. But he wishes to leave right now as there were not many injuries except for head and little scratches." She started saying and I nodded gesturing her to continue.

"He needs to be here awake for at least next four hours as per doctor's order." She added before taking a deep breath.

"What should I do?" I asked her frowning, not understanding what can I do with this.

"I have other patients to look after and he is throwing everyone out with his tantrums. So, go and make him stay here at least for two hours." She requested.