Chapter 5

*Jay Pov*

"She is awake?" he asked and I nodded still frowning.

Why is she so disgusted with me? Yeah, we met under not so nice situation with me threatening her to give me the Kalpana address and first time with her revealing my so called life style near Kalpana.

She is the one because of whom I lost any chance I may have with Kalpana but still why is she so disgusted to even look at me?

"You must me happy, Mr.Jay." he added, smiling and walked outside with me following him.

I remembered her look and immediately shook my head, knowing well it doesn't matter how she feels about me. She is fine and now I can leave her.

"I am sorry about the mistake from the nurse." He added when I stayed silent.

"How can the nurse be missing from the whole floor? What if someone needs her?" I asked him still feeling angry at that matter.

"Here she is." He mumbled and we saw the nurse sitting at her place.

"Where were you?" he asked, frowning at her.

"I went to the washroom, Doctor. Is something wrong?" she asked, frowning back.

"His wife is awake and talking. He had to come down to call for me when he couldn't find you and it is a good thing I stayed back this night for some work." He explained and we three walked inside.

"She is asleep." I mumbled, looking at her sleeping form.

He started checking her and opened her eye to put torch. However, they stayed open and I sighed in relief.

Now she can be cleared and we can go on our ways with me leaving this city by tomorrow itself.

"How are you feeling, Mrs. Jay?" he asked and I groaned, knowing well she will bash me.

"Can you hear me?" when he added I stared at her, realizing she is laying like she was all these days.

"She talked to me and she even threw that glass." I immediately said when the doctor glanced at me.

"I got here as fast as I can." We heard a new voice and turned to see the psychologist who was called by the doctor when he heard my words of her waking up.

"There is no progress." Doctor said and she frowned at me while I frowned at Jhanvi.

"Maybe she thrashed and threw the glass and you felt like she is awake." She said but I shook my head.

"I heard her." I stated.

"Maybe you dreamt her." Doctor suggested, but I still shook my head.

They all left after some time while I stared at Jhanvi just lying there. Did I really dream all that? I thought, frowning.

She closed her eyes and I sat back in my chair still searching my mind for the answers and drifted off into sleep.

And the first words I uttered after opening my eyes waking up are, "I am dreaming again?"

"What are you still doing here? And where am I?" she asked and coughed while I stood up.

I heard a knock before reaching near her and opened it to see the night time nurse. I frowned at her while thinking whether should I call her inside and she Jhanvi awake so that I can be assured whether I am dreaming or is it true.

"Sir! MY schedule is over for the past half an hour and next one was supposed to be here, but she will be here within ten minutes. I need to leave soon for my kids. Is it fine if I leave and please do not complain to the doctor?" she asked hurriedly and I nodded.