Chapter 13

*Jay Pov*

While they both are resting, I got myself a pacing spree in the living room. Wasn't morning scenario not enough?

That I saw her past to come and knock on my consciousness. Why did I start thinking all this is going to last?

Soon, she will get back together with her family taking Lakshmi away from me and I will be dismissed completely. I snorted thinking the irony of all this.

How many times did I dismiss the women from my life? Karma is really a bitch that strikes back then.

I sat down and closed my eyes, which became a habit from the past few days, but all that was for irritation and now it was for fear of losing everything.

A slight moment made me to open my eyes only to see her walking out of her room rubbing her face with both hands.

"Is everything okay?" I asked and she got startled before staring at me.

"Yeah! I was just hungry." She replied and I stood up remembering it is past the lunch time.

"I am sorry! I thought of taking you to the restaurant after the doctor's visit so there is no lunch cooked." I explained.

"Why do you keep on apologizing? I can cook food for us." She mumbled and started walking towards the kitchen while I just stood there.

"Isn't Lakshmi hungry?" I finally asked following her.

"She had food again when we were going to the hospital, so she is not hungry I guess. Anyways, she is sleeping." She replied, shrugging and took out vegetables.

"What are you cooking?" I asked after a few minutes, feeling weird to just stand there while she is moving here and there.

She stilled and turned towards me with a frown, but I even glanced at the knife she is holding. She sighed and asked, "What is it?"

"What?" I asked back leaning on the kitchen door.

"Why are you... why are you behaving like this?" she asked as if she doesn't know what to say about it.

"Because I am feeling restless." I replied honestly and she immediately relaxed.

"Fine! Take that bowl and come here." She said, gesturing the one she placed aside a few minutes back.

I immediately nodded and followed her instructions and in no time I am cutting some of the vegetables along with her.

After that I stayed back and watched her cooking the food for us. We both sat down at the dining area which was a little surprise for me as we stopped doing this after that day.

"It is nice." I calmly said and she nodded without glancing at me.

"So, what are your plans?" I asked after a few minutes.

"About what?" she asked back just having her food.

"About what happened today." I replied and she closed her eyes.

"I want my son back and want him to understand me." She stated.

"What about him?" I asked not saying the name out but she understood.

"What about him?" she asked back and I sighed.

"With these repeating questions, nothing is going to change." I replied and she leaned back finally staring at me.

"There is nothing to think about him." She stated.

"Why?" I asked her frowning.

"You are asking me that? When I didn't allow my friend to let you go off the hook of your mistakes, then why would I?" she asked back as usual and I sat in silence for a few minutes.