Chapter 18: Arguments

~UNEDITED~ Excuse the mistakes please :)

*********************************************

Brendon's POV:

I sat on the couch, my head in my hands. For the past three hours I'd been debating what to do, I wanted to keep my boyfriend happy, but I didn't want to disappoint and let down my friends either. I've already been bucking heads with Ryan all morning, getting nowhere and just cauing more problems, he had gone to take refuge away from me and locked himself in his room for the rest of the morning. I sniffed and wiped my eyes before looking up at the sound of footsteps.

"Bren...can we just- talk it out please" Ryan asked me calmly. And I really did want to figure out an agreement, but really there was no compromise to this; we either went back to our current lives, or stayed here....there's really no in between. I didn't feel like talking about it because I knew it would just lead to more arguments. 

"There's nothing to talk about," I stated back firmly

"Yes there is, if we can just think of some sort of compromis-"

"THERE IS NO FUCKING COMPROMISE RYAN, YOU DON'T GET IT!" I snapped, and instantly my word filter disappeared, "YOUR TOO WORRIED, WHEN THERE'S REALLY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. YOUR BEING A SELFISH ASSHOLE! YOU DON'T TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU WE'LL STILL BE TOGETHER. WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT SO SUCK IT THE FUCK UP!" I screamed, instantly feeling bad for calling him out. He just stared at me, emotionless.

"Okay, I get it," He said, calm and composed. It was almost uncanny how I could just blow up at him and he seemed perfectly fine about it. I just blinked up at him, feeling the sting in my eyes of tears,

"I'm sorry Ry, I don't mean-"

"No I get it, you just want to make everyone happy. I understand, I need to stop being a fucking narcissist," he said with the same calmness and turned around, heading back into his room. Well crap, now what? I decided to try and call Patrick, I knew he was counting on me to get us back to our lives. I had told Pete the other day about the little problem we had, so maybe they would know what I could say to sort this out. After listening to the countless monotone rings, it cut to voicemail. I sighed and clicked the phone off not really wanting to go into a full out, heated rant over his voicemail.

Patrick's POV:

"Pete," I stared at him kneeling down on the floor with the tiny orange bottle sitting on the floor next to him, it's contents resting in his hand. I took a small, cautious step towards him, wary over how he would react, "Don't take those please, remember you sorted this out. You don't need to rely on those anymore, your better than that." I sighed, placing a steady hand on his shoulder, "Please....for me?". He looked up at me, eyes red and bloodshot, tear stains running down his cheek, breath shallow and unsteady. It hurt me to see him like this, and to think I might have been the cause for it. 

"I'm sorry, I really am, I just got c-carried away, the old emotions came back again and I didn't know what to do, I-I won't do it I promise," He stuttered slightly, tears still slipping. He picked up the little orange pill bottle and slid the pills back in. Screwing on the lid and tossing back on top of the dresser. He attacked me in a hug, squeezing the living shit out of me, but I really didn't care that I couldn't breathe, I just didn't want anything to happen to him. 

"I promise I won't crack under my emotions again, I would never do anything that would cause you pain," He whispered into my ear. I smiled, 

"I trust you," I told him quietly, kissing his cheek.

~2 Days Later~

"So if we can just figure out where Jasmine is, we can prove to her that we fulfilled our missions and she'll send us back, simple as that right?" I asked Brendon. All four of us had met up today to talk about our plans. It wasn't very productive so far since we had no idea where Jasmine could be. But hey, it was a start.

"Yes, she sent you three," he gestured to Pete, Ryan, and I, "back here to apparently fall in love, right? So if we can prove to her that it happened, the drugs should stop and we'll be back to our lives,"

"Sounds like that should work...and you promise we'll still have these memories right?" Ryan asked Brendon, receiving a small nod from the latter. Brendon had explained to me earlier this morning that he and Ryan had finally settled on an agreement and we were all set to continue on the plan.

"The only problem is finding her, Brendon you have the best idea since you were in contact with her." Pete mentioned, glancing over to Brendon.

"Yeah, well I wasn't really 'in contact' the only information she gave me was in the letter, when she told me she had sent herself back here and needed me to help her, but she hadn't told me where she was. I think it's all still part of her evil plan, she wants us to work for our freedom." Brendon replied, sighing a little

"Well you said she set you up for the job you had with the detective agency right? Maybe she's there?" I suggested, it was worth a shot.

"She did. But I don't think she worked there, I thought I woul be with her originally, but I was with some self-centered blonde chick. I'm so glad I decided to not go back, you know the whole thing was just so I could get to you guys right?" Brendon told us and we all nodded in reply. 

"Well we can at least try, and then if she's not there, we can go from there." Ryan told us and we agreed, even if she wasn't there, maybe we could get some information on how she'd set up Brendon to work there. There had to be a little bit of hope. 

~Later that day~

"I'm personally unsure about anybody by the name Jasmine Bramer, but I would go talk to Mr. Smith at the end of the hall, he's the manager of the department.". We thanked the receptionist and headed down the hall. Finding the door she was talking about and knocking. After a few awkward moments of just standing there. The door opened to reveal a tall, plump, elderly man, dressed in a pressed black suit with a red tie. 

"Mr. Smith?" Brendon asked formally

"That would be me," He replied holding out his hand to each of us in introduction before inviting us into his office. The office was the usual manger's office. The large brown desk, three plush chairs placed in front of the grand desk, a small lamp in the center, and a huge window directly behind Mr. Smith's desk. Pete, Brendon, and Ryan took the chairs, and I stood off to the side beside them. After we explained to Mr. Smith that we came to ask questions about a woman by the name of Jasmine Bramer, his mood instantly shifted, less happy and opening, and suddenly dark, and closed off. 

"Yes, I remember her, she called a little less than a month ago and threatened to put an end to the company and kill all of it's employees if I didn't give a temporary position to a Mr. Urie." He looked down at his desk in either sadness or anger, I couldn't decide which.

"Th-that would be me," Brendon piped meekly. Mr. Smith just nodding in acknowledgment. 

"She told me you would just be needed for one case and then be dismissed," He sighed, "but that's the past and we haven't heard word from her since, may I ask what the reason is you bring her up?"

"We were just wondering if you happen to knew where she is, we need to talk to her about...personal things..." I told him and he nodded slowly in reply,

"Well I do know where she is, but I don't suggest you go after her...."

******************************************

 A/N: Kinda sloppy chapter, sorry! I've been busy working on my new story, which will be out this March, called "Another Episode" go check out the sneak peak, I would love to hear your thoughts! Ok, I'll shut up now, vote and comment please? It makes me so happy hearing from you guys

P.S: You five that were so sweet and encouraging in the comments last chapter, you helped a lot, THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3