Chapter 20: The Plan

Dedication/NOTE~ Chapter 20 is dedicated to @yuleshootyoureyeout for being a very consistent comment-er throughout the WHOLE book, I love it! But my gosh you guys, I had such a hard time deciding who to dedicate since you guys who commented last time were all so awesome, and I promise all of you who commented last chapter (makenziejo25, Fob_4ever, tpol1011, and CharmingRoss) will ALL get dedications in upcoming chapters. You guys are awesome! <3

 ~~~~~

Brendon's POV:

The early morning sun trudged through my dirty window, luring me out of bed. I had been dreading today since three days ago, when we visited the jail. Those three days had been full of fear and doubt. The uncertainty of today's events was dragging me through a hell of suspense, but I had to face it, I had to do whatever this bitch wanted and get back to my life. Today we found out what it was she wanted us to do for her. The only thing is... I don't trust her- at all. I can't stand to even think about what she has planned. And I've been tearing myself apart over how this is all my fault. I shouldn't have attacked her at the hospital that night, I should have made sure she stayed in the present time and not taken those stupid pills, I really shouldn't have let her persuade me to go back in time either. In fact I shouldn't even have chickened out and hid in the bathroom that night at the bar in the first place, I'm such a fucking idiot! I collapsed face-first on my bed distressed, and as if on cue my door creaked open, the bright hallway lights flooding into my dark bedroom. 

"Bren, we have to g-" he cut himself off, pausing momentarily, "a-are you ok?" Ryan's soft voice filled my ears and I reluctantly lifted my head to answer.

"I'm sorry... this is all my fault," I whimpered back, feeling the sting in my eyes of tears threatening to fall. I glanced at the floor to avoid eye contact, but as soon as I heard his soft footsteps and comforting hand on my back, I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. My eyes flooded, steams pouring down my cheek, I buried my face in his shoulder, soaking his shirt.

"Shh, shh, it's ok... come on, you know that isn't true," he pulled me against his chest and stroked my stomach soothingly, "it's just the nerves"

I sniffed and nodded, realized I had been absolutely fear stricken. He continued to attempt to calm me,

"And it can't be too bad, plus, no matter what it is she wants us to do...we'll have each other," He planted a kiss on the top of my head and I took a deep breath, hoping with every fiber of my body that he was right. 

Patrick's POV:

I sat on the bench outside the county jail, anxiously bouncing my knee. It'd been 30 minutes Pete and I had been waiting out here and the other two still have yet to show. I sighed, looking around for about the 740th time since we got here, Pete giggled next to me,

"What!?" I asked him tightly, a little tense due to my pent up nerves. He smiled and placed a hand on my bouncing knee,

"Calm down bae, just give 'em some time, kay?" he smiled comfortingly at me

"But- but I can't! They're supposed to be here, what if something bad happene-" I whined, he cut me off with his lips,

"Shut up and stop worrying! Nothing bad happened, they probably just lost track of time,"

"But how!?" I whined again and yeah, I might have slightly been pouting...in an um, manly way...

"I'd rather not think about what our friends, who happen to be dating each other, do in their free time..." He winked at me, and I rolled my eyes in response, shrugging off his suggestive comment.

"But it's not free time!" I reminded him, the whine of annoyance and worry still present in my voice

"Just relax, we'll give 'em crap about it later" I smiled again and I just decided to shut up and wait.

~~~~~~~

20 minutes later, Brendon and Ryan had finally arrived and minutes after that, we were once again standing in front of that musty old jail cell...peering in on Jasmine in her orange jail suit. The next conversation passed in a blur, it went way too fast. It seemed like words were waterfalls, flowing endlessly from everyone's mouths, unstoppable and destructive, the harsh sting of each sentence running rapidly through my body. She sure did have a plan, that was for sure.

"So that's it," she stated as if she was just simply asking to borrow $3 for a tea, "if you really want to get back, you have to find the apothecary who made the only anecdote to reverse the effects, kill him, and take the anecdote....simple". My mind was racing...I could NOT kill anyone. No, I wanted to get my current life back terribly... but I don't know if I could pay this price. I didn't even know the first thing about murder. Like what do I use? A knife? A gun? Poison- wait no, he's an apothecary, poison wouldn't harm him, he's a fricken witch doctor! Well, I guess I could just leave the actual...um, killing part to the others.... As my mind was two seconds shy of insanity, Jasmine blabbed on, "explaining" herself further.

"See, I was planing to do it myself, I even had all the necessary weapons at the bar...but as you can tell...it-it didn't work out so well," she glared at the floor as if it had killed her mother, before directing that same terrifying glare onto us, "and since I can't very well get out of this fucking cage, that means it's all in your hands now."

The four of us stood incredibly, almost unnervingly, silent. Staring at Jasmine with identical looks of disbelief and horror, this was one fucked up lady. She seemed to find amusement in our expressions and a menacing smirk spread across her face. 

"Oh, and one more thing...if I find out he isn't dead. I can promise you now, I will personally make sure each of your hearts has stopped beating if it's the last thing I do. Now, I wish you luck....your going to need it," She smirked once more and turned abruptly, walking back into the darkness of her cell. 

I glanced over at the guys, meeting their glossy, wide-eyed, terrified eyes. In that one dense moment, an unspoken phrase hung in the air.... well we're screwed.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: DRAMA!!! Haha anyway, I'd rather not rant like I always do...so as always, love you guys!! And don't forget, comments = dedication (everyone that comments will get one eventually) :) <3