Chapter Six

LUCY'S P.O.V.

Our first pre-tournament game as an official team is today and I couldn't be more excited to play.

I made my way down to breakfast that morning with an extra jump to my step. Everyone picked up on my good vibes.

"You're in a good mood today," Thomas said sitting down across from me. "And you beat me down to breakfast!"

"Yes! It's game day! I wanna crush people into the boards! I love, love, love the crunching sound of someone being squashed into the boards," I said waving my fork around animatedly.

"Batter watch out with that fork or someone is gonna loose an eye. And that someone is most likely gonna be me," he said laughing. He grabbed my fork hand to stop me from trying to take out his eye.

"Sorry, I'd hate for you to not be able to see me crush the Danes like ants," I winked taking a bite of my fruit.

"Mhm, keep talking girl," he joked. "Just kidding I know you'll do amazing. You always do. Literally I have yet to see you do badly since I came along and helped you get on the right path."

"I may as well owe all of my success to you then?" I laughed. "Because it sounds like you want me to."

"No way Luce, all or your success is owed to you because you're a driven girl who never gives up even when it gets hard. I admire that about you, and I hope you never ever lose that attribute. You're a role model to so many people. You are successful because of you. And that makes me proud to have you as a teammate, and an assistant captain. I'm glad you're pumped because I'm sure you'll get some, if not all, of the guys going," he laughed.

"Oh yeah I'll pump them up alright, they'll be so pumped they're gonna be bouncing off the walls," I said snickering. "But thanks, that means a lot Tom," I smiled.

Thomas is the kind of person to pick you up when you're feeling down, laugh with you and not at you when you do something stupid. He's the kind of person that you can tell anything to, and he'll always stick with you through thick and thin. Everyone deserves this kind of friend, lover or soul mate in their lives. And sometimes that person is all three if you're lucky. And I'm so lucky to have found my person. I think he's all three, and I really hope I'm right.

"Earth to Lucy, earth to Lucy," Thomas said waving his hands in front of my face. "You're spacing out on me! Tell me Lucy, what are you thinking about? I'm dying to know."

"I'm thinking about how insanely lucky I am to have an amazing best friend, and boyfriend all in one. And you know, hockey and how I really wanna kick ass today!" I yelled.

"Well I know you'll kick ass, you always do," he said blowing me a kiss as he took our empty plates over to the dish tray.

"Thanks love," I said when he sat down again. "Wanna go cuddle in my room before the game?"

"You know I'm always down for a good cuddle with you," he said getting up. "Good luck charm."

"Hey, Chabot!" I yelled. "Beat you up the stairs! And no cheating and taking the elevator!" I said as I reached that stairs.

"Deal!" he yelled coming closely behind me. My adrenaline kicked in and I beat him to my room, because girl power!

"I beat you!" I huffed, completely out of breath. "Come on Chabby, you gotta do better than that!" I teased.

"Ugh I know, but we gotta rest up for the game baby girl, we gotta kick some ass," he said as I unlocked the door.

"True, come on you know the other side of my bed is usually open too," I joked.