Chapter 1

I watched as other kids left the foster home. I sat there, on the couch, as other kids left with their new perfect parents. This was the best time of the year for kids to get adopted. After Sarah left, I am the oldest kid in foster care. No one wanted me. I was broken. My heart was in little bitty pieces. Perfect kids belong to perfect parents. That's how it is. I belong to a broken home. I watched as a bald headed man walked in. He saw me instantly. Like the other parents, he went through the files. I couldn't see which one he was on but he finally chose one and filled out the sheets. I still sat there with my head in my knees, trying to block out the noise from the younger kids. I've always hated it here. Someone tapped my shoulder and made me jump. I look up to see Mrs. Harriette with the bald headed man staring at me. "(Y/n), someone's here to adopt you." Mrs. Harriette told me. I didn't say a word. I only got up to gather what stuff I have left. About half an hour later I sat in the man's car, in silence. "My roommate has always said that he wants a daughter, and since he can't find a girlfriend, adoption is his best option. Oh, that rhymes. Anyways, if there's anything you need, just ask." He has an accent. I thought I was going to have a mother. I stared out the window trying to block out the terrible music from the radio. I stopped listening to music after my parents passed. This is just going to be my temporary home. They're going to realize they don't want me then I'll be back into foster care. "You're very quiet, tell me about yourself." He said. "I'm quiet." I answered him. "I know that but what kind of stuff do you like?" I wish he would stop talking. I should be grateful that someone's taking me but I'm not. "Reading." He didn't ask another question after that. "My name is John by the way, but my friends like to call me Barney." Silence. It's all I want. We made it to an apartment complex around 7 at night. All of my stuff was put into one box. John grab the box of of the back and led me upstairs to his apartment. His roommate I'm assuming answered the door and let us both in. "Wait, Barney, who's this." His roommate asked John while he sat down my box. "Oh that's your daughter." John smiled at his roommate while his roommate's jaw dropped to the floor. "My what?" He yelled. "Yeah, come on (y/n)." John led me into an empty room with a full size bed and my box. "Make yourself at home." John said and shut the door. I could hear them yelling outside the door. Kind of sounded like my parents but there was less hitting involved. Ignoring the noise, I grabbed the picture of my sister out of the box. It's the only thing I have left in regards to my family. I started slightly crying.

Well, new book. Hope you enjoyed. Imma go to bed now.