Chapter 9

Your POV
All of us sat at the dinner table like a dysfunctional family. All silent. Michael finally broke it, "so how was school?" Typical 'father-daughter' talk. "Pretty boring." I answered, shoving noodles into my mouth. "Make any friends?" John asked. "Kind of. One of the kids I talked to has a YouTube channel himself." I had finished my noodles before they did. "Did you brag about me?" Michael put his hands on his hips as if he was a superhero. "Yeah, when I showed him your channel it shut him up." After I finished speaking brought my dish to the sink and washed it. I started up to my room when Michael stopped me. He handed me a black rectangle and a wire. "Here. Just in case you need to contact me. It's my old apple phone and a charger." He smiled at me. I smiled back, thanked him, and headed up to my room. Everything felt brighter inside. I was.. happy. I plugged in the charger and phone then hopped in bed. It was only 8:21, according to the phone, but I still wanted to go to bed anyways. Right before I closed my eyes the door creaked open. A silhouetted figure stood in the doorway. "Are you still awake?" Its was Michael. "Mmhm." I responded. "Well, goodnight." He waited for me to respond, "night." I turned over and closed my eyes and listened to the door shut.

Michael's POV
I have a kid. Every time it occurs to me it slips away from my brain. I'm actually glad Barney got a child that was older so I wouldn't have to pay for diapers and stuff like that. She doesn't even ask for much either. Just the essentials. I went back downstairs to where Barney was still at the table. "Hey, uh, thanks for the kid, I guess." I rubbed the back of my neck. "No problem. Anytime, pal."

Sorry I'm ending early but I literally just found out that Barney left YouTube and the offices. And this has been going on for like 4 months. Wow.