Chapter 2

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep before I had gotten his name. The bed was so comfortable. His roommate came in. We stared at each for five minutes before he started to speak, "My name is Michael, by the way. So what do you like to do for fun?" "Read. What do you do for work?" Maybe I can turn this into a 20 questions kind of thing. "Um, I make videos." Wait like porn? Child pornography videos? Oh god! I guess he saw my eyes widen. "No, not like that. They are gaming videos like let's plays for YouTube. Here, I have to go into work in about 20 minutes, would you like to come with me?" Wait, that's a job? "Sure." "Cool, I'll be right back." He left the room with the door open. I got up on to my bed and looked through my box. He came back in with new and fresh clothes on. "Well, you kind of have to come with me cause I don't trust you here by yourself and you're not in school." I got up out of bed to follow him out to his car. "Are you actually going to sign me up for school?" I asked him. School was the biggest of my worries right now. I can't deal with all of this and making new friends and having homework. It's just too much for me to handle. "Yeah, I have to go to work and I can't take you to work everyday." The rest of the car ride was silent. We parked in a huge parking lot with lots of office buildings around it. "My co-workers call me Red just so you know." Because of his hair? I didn't want to ask him in case it sounded rude or anything. Also, I just don't want to. "For today I might just keep you in my office then after work I can take you to Franklin high school and sign you up for classes." That's right, I'm 14 and need to start high school. Greeeeat. I learned a lot about sarcasm at the orphanage when people would say they would consider adopting me whenever I didn't ever cross their minds. The younger kids get adopted first so they could grow up almost normally. We walk up a flight of stair on the inside of a building and into a giant room. Everything was so colorful. A woman crossed the room and looked at Michael then did a double-take on me. I wasn't too much shorter than Michael but I definitely looked younger. She might have thought I was his girlfriend or something. We walked through some halls and passed an open room with desks. 3 people sat at the desks facing the wall. They didn't even look up to see us. A larger man with glasses and curly hair approached Michael and handed him a sheet. "Hey, Red, who's this?" The man asked Michael. "Stay here." Michael led me to an office with Red and black padding on the walls. He sat me on the couch and told me to stay there then he left. Boredom filled me. I may be very patient but I have the attention span of a squirrel.

I'm not dead just busy.