Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

1. The Shadow Hunters

There was an irrefutable truth that existed among the Packs throughout the Territories.

No one messed with the Shadow Hunters.

Frankly, with that name, I wouldn't dare.

Every Pack name came with a meaning. My Pack were the Blue Caves, as we were known to have mystical caves near the seaside where it was said that our earlier ancestors had used the wide crevices as homes upon their first arrival into the unknown Territory.

The Shadow Hunters were famed for having the most skilled hunters in every legend ever told. Cave markings bore witness to their long list of unbelievable feats. Their Territory was said to be founded by one of the Wolfe brothers themselves, who were the first of our supernatural race to be transformed into existence.

It was believed that Uriel's blood ran in the Shadow Hunters' blood.

Uriel was the first son transformed by the Moon Goddess by her tears. Among the three men, he had been gifted with the affinity to hunt. He was also gifted with the sharp intuition to detect his prey, the agility to move effortlessly, the precise hand to strike a victim down with one accurate shot and the sharp premonition to know if danger lurked nearby.

However, these skills shone brighter when night fell, the moon reach its highest peak in the sky and the shadows abounded.

Thus, the Shadow Hunters.

***

Seamus -bless his cold heart- seemed almost happy to dust his hands off us as the van pulled up in front of a standard five-storey structure, fashioned with drab, over-sized bricks. Untamed vines had already embedded itself into the withered openings between bricks, resembling green veins sprawled across the face of the building. From a certain angle, one could even dismiss it for unchecked mould if there weren't any pink petals blooming from the twisted vines.

Before Seamus abandoned us, he slipped us all a few keys, with corresponding tags with our name, Pack name and room number printed on it with the solemn instruction to, "Find your room, unpack your shit, and be up before six."

We all scattered like headless chickens upon the order.

My room was situated on the upper floor. Just as I cleared the stairway, Casey appeared on the opposite end, irritation in her expression as she realised, we were basically neighbours.

"Howdy Neighbour!" I tipped my imaginary hat in her direction.

"Fuck me sideways." She muttered but not merely low enough, I could still hear each drawn-out letter. I was sure she had intended me to hear it.

I flipped her the bird, flashing my teeth.

She muttered something else before stabbing her key into her door, jerking it open with an annoyed huff.

I twisted my key inside the small lock and pressed it open, flicking the light on.

The room was almost empty with white and burgundy hues decorating the room. A single-sized bed was perched in the middle of the space, with heavy covers and a single pillow pressed up against the headboard. There was a cute bedside table with a reading lamp, two mahogany closets strategically placed between the rectangle windows dressed in burgundy lace drapes, and a door to the right was ajar where I caught gleaming cerulean tiles of the bathroom. There was a fridge in the corner, and beside it, an empty shelf and desk where a wheelie chair sat, untouched.

Excitement thrummed in my veins as I slammed the door shut and locked it quickly. I discarded my suitcase by the door and leaped onto the bed, doing a body flop, and landing face-down onto the mattress.