Chapter Eight: What is This?

So sorry for not updating and have been gone for months!!! Please forgive me!

After what happened with Avery and I, we just laid there. My legs wrapped around him, my head against his now bare chest. While he played with my short hair. Loving the feeling.

"What are you thinking about Avery?" I mumbled. My eyes closed.

"Thinking about how long I have waited for this moment." He mumbled while looking down at me.

"How long have you waited?" I asked.

"Since you were little. I knew when I saw you playing in the sand that you had to be mine."

"Heh, what? Am I like your mate or something?"..

"You could say that.. Katlynn, I know I have treated you terribly in the past, but.. I promised I will do my best to never hurt you again. To protect you. To prove to you that I'm not a monster. Not anymore."

Lifting up out of his grasp I looked down at him.

"How can I be so sure that you won't hurt me again? I mean.. You snap at the smallest of things."

I felt like I should believe him. But deep down I knew I shouldn't.

Getting up himself, still sitting beside me. He sighed.

"I know, I want to try and fix this.. I know it took this long to finally realize.. But I don't want to lose you. Can you forgive me?"

His dull Grey eyes looked into my very soul. His hair all disheveled. Mine was probably worse. Running my fingers through my short tresses, I sighed. Looking down away from his eyes.

"I.. I don't know.. It seems that I forgiven you because of what happened today but.. I'm not going to forgive you just yet.. I need time."

"I understand."

Looking up at him, he only smiled at me.. A true smile.. It suited him. I'm glad he understood that I needed time. To think.

Laying back down, he pulled me into the position we were in earlier. Wrapping one of my legs around his waist, our groins almost touching. I laid my head in the crook of his neck.

"Why do you have to tease me love? If anything.. You confuse me." I felt his hot tongue graze lightly against my ear causing me to shiver.

Looking him over, I noticed he was only wearing boxers while I wore my blue shirt and grey joggers but my socks were gone and my shirt was wrinkled. I didn't realize I still had my clothes on.. Huh..

"How come you sleep in just boxers? Why do you not have pajamas?" I asked. What? I'm curious. Plus I wanted to change the subject so he doesn't lick my ear again.

"It is more comfortable to sleep when you barely have any clothes on. I usually sleep naked but I know you're not comfortable with that. You should try it sometime." I blushed. Shouldn't have asked..

"Do I still have to do chores for now on?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to. But that doesn't mean you can roam around. You would have to stay in here all day-"

"I would rather do chores." I grumbled.

"Okay, what ever you want."

It was late at night so I was getting tired.

"You tired love?"

"Yeah-" I yawned. Stretching into him, I rose my arms above my head arching my back.