~~~~

~Merida's POV~

If it wasn't for I making that deal with that chieftain, I think I would've ran. That thing was huge! Long, sharp black claws, swift flyer, and her sharp electric blue eyes seemed to spark with an uncontrollable fire.

I quickly pulled out an arrow and aimed but where she was seconds before was empty. Where'd that... thing go?

I picked up a small stone and threw it at a tree close to me. I saw a flicker of movement and quickly turned my head but it was gone.

I gave a huff of annoyance and shot another stone. This was pointless. The dragon obviously knew I was here.

I sighed and slumped back when something wrapped around my waist and dragged me up.

I let out a small yelp and shot an arrow but it easily skimmed off of the thick, black scales. The thing gave me a shake, making me sequel pin fear as I dropped my bow.

I slammed my eyes shut as I felt the soft stirring of the dragons breath on my face.

I slowly opened my eyes to see electric blue glaring back at me.

"How did you find me?" she growled.

"I-I"

She spread her black wings and with one swoop we were way past the dead tree that I has been hiding behind.

"Tell me, or I'll drop you." she spat, giving her wings another flap and her tail loosened around me. I clung to it, and looked at the dragon pleadingly.

"Please! It was just a job!" I pleaded. She bared her fangs at me.

"Do I look like I care? Now tell me ginger, how did you find me?"