Taking Places?

Chris' Pov

After Lillian and I ate McDonalds' I took us straight home we played a bit watched TV then I gave her a bath made her use the bathroom and put her to bed with her favorite bedtime story. It was around 9pm now and I was starting to get a bit tired myself.

My eyes got heavy and soon closed. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard my phone go off.

I answered it in a sleepy tone with my eyes still closed

"Hello?" I yawned

"H-Hey Chris can you help me please? It's me Mariah"

My eyes shot open and I nearly dropped the phone

"Yeah hello?..okay calm down okay?...where are you?Fourth and Jane street? Okay I'll be there" I hung up and got out of bed quickly.

I grabbed a jacket my car keys and went across the hall to check on Lillian I walked in her room and went over to her bed pecking her cheek and tucking her in some more. After that I walked out of her room closing her door lightly before I went out the house locking the door behind me. I ran to my car and got in quickly turning it on putting it in reverse before backing out the drive way.

I got to Fourth and Jane street in no time. I pulled out my phone and called Mariah back.

"Hello I'm here" I said when I heard her answer the phone.

"I see you" she said right as she hung up I unlocked the car door and she got in and I looked at her only to see a black eye tear streaks and a busted lip.

"Mariah what happened?" I asked

"Can you please just take me to the nearest hotel" she said ignoring my question

"Mariah you can just stay with me for a while okay?" I said hoping she'd agree

"Okay thank you so much" she said

"Your welcome"

I pulled off the car ride was quiet but I couldn't help but wonder who did that to her but I wasn't going to pressure her into telling me.

We arrived at my house and I got out before opening her door.

She blushed a bit even though her face was pretty messed up she was still beautiful.

"Thanks"

"No problem" I said as we walked to the door I opened it letting her in first.

As soon as I closed the door and turned around she was already exploring the front room.

She caught me starring and blushed again

"Sorry" she whispered

"It's okay but lets get you cleaned up" I said as I grabbed her hand walking to the bathroom on our entire way there she'd ooo and ahh whenever she seen one of my paintings just like YN did whenever I showed her a new one.

"Omg that's pretty"

"Thanks"

I said she was talking about the pictures of YN I made into one big picture of her it's a surprise for her when she wakes up.

We got to the bathroom and I got out the first aid kit.

I never thought I'd touch this thing considering Lillian is hardly ever outside to get any boo boos and she barely hurts herself indoors too.

I took out some peroxide to clean her cuts and bandages.

"Chris I really appreciate this you barely know me and your taking me in." she said