14. Vera Wang

Koko POV

"Wake up beautiful" I felt someone tapping me and light shaking me. Their voice was very soothing and soft, much like my mother's.

"Nooo I don't wanna" I whined turning my head into my arms and slightly stretching before lying still again. I felt the bed dip and someone sit next to me.

"C'mon baby girl, it's your big day. Mommy has waited so long to see this day" The voice said and I smiled before turning over and fluttered my eyes open slowly.

"Hi mommy" I said softly looking at my beautiful mother who was sitting next me watching me.

"Hi my sweet baby, how are you feeling" she leaned down and kissed my forehead and I laid there admiring her beauty.

"I'm so excited mommy, I can't believe I'm getting married today. Although my head does hurt a little" I spoke honestly and then laughed at the face she made.

"Drank too much didn't you? Told you, you ain't ya mama you can't drink like me baby" she said and we both laughed

"Yeah I know, I still think you're an undercover alcoholic" I looked up at her and she shrugged making me chuckle and shake my head.

"You ready to start getting ready for today?" she asked smiling and I nodded biting my lip.

"What's wrong baby?"  She asked examining my face and I shrugged.

"A little nervous?" She furrowed her eyebrows and I sighed "A little, we're still so young what if he gets tired of me after a while and wants something else mommy. What if I don't please him right and practically push him into another woman's arms. God forbid but what if I can't have kids and he leaves me. So many things could go wrong and I wouldn't know how to deal with any of it." I said feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulders after getting all that off my chest.

"Oh mama's love bug scoot over" I did as she said and she laid next to me and I laid my head on her lap.

"It's normal to be nervous, everything's going to be fine and work out. I'm not going to lie and say marriage is easy because honey trust me it's not it's a LOT of work but that boy..." she stopped before chuckling and I turned over and looked up at her.

"That negro loves the hell out of you, I see it. He works my nerves but my love for him is so strong because of his love for you. It's in his eyes, the way he looks at you, how protective he is of you, and his respect for you. You don't have to worry about him finding someone else because it doesn't get any better than you. From what he tells me he'll never get tired of his chocolate" she said causing me to gasp and sit up.

"Ma... what did he tell you?" I asked squinting my eyes and she laughed shaking her head

"The question is what doesn't he tell me." She smirked and my eyes got big.