The Elevator

Rob's P.O.V:

"NO!" Preston groaned, staring at the dark elevator panel as the floor below our feet ceased to rise, "This can't be happening," He rested his forearms on the closed doors of the little room. His voice stressed, breathing faster than normal.

"Calm down, Preston," I said soothingly, hesitantly touching his shoulder, "Just breathe," His unstable situation making me nervous. I needed to get out of here, to get him...out of here.

"I CAN'T!" He shivered, sniffling slightly, "Try calling someone," Preston pleaded, his eyes wide with understanding. I looked down at my phone, selecting Vik's number before my phone went black like those lights on the panel.

"My phone just died," I admitted, looking at his frightened face. In my frustration I tried pressing every button on the elevator with no response. Preston tried to pry the doors open, but ended up hurting himself, making him even more upset.

"WHAT THE FUDGE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!" Preston paced the three feet of space, his claustrophobia getting out of control. He turned away, resting his forehead on the wall.

"Try to stay in control Pre-," I got cut off as he kicked the wall, then looked up at the flickering lights like the sky was falling.

I turned my back to him, exasperated, resting my head on the wall. It started to burn, my vision getting dark around the edges. I focused on my breathing, rising and falling. The closet sized room got eerily silent, and I became slightly alarmed, turning back around to check on Preston.

That's when I saw the light black beanie.

"Shit," I whispered under my breath, watching as the figure stood up and turned towards me.

"What? You're not happy to see me...Daddy?" He smiled, showing his abnormally sharp canines and tongue ring. He swiped his pure black hair out of his eyes, which were pitch black with red pupils.

"Don't call me that," I snapped, backing into one of the corners of the elevator. His opposite, Pit, always made me uncomfortable, especially because he was a couple inches taller than me, and he called me things like daddy.

He stuck out his tongue at me in a jeering way. I fixed my gaze on the wall behind him, his entire face, especially his eyes, made my stomach churn. It took everything not to break down from just the pain erupting from my skull.

"I'll call you what I want, Rose," He sneered, referring to my own opposite, the part of me that could walk off into the sunset then fall off a cliff for all I cared.

"Nice try, shithead," I retaliated, trying to keep my emotions in control, I couldn't let myself flip in public, especially without the rest of the guys to control us. If I did, both Preston and I were screwed. "How long do you plan on sticking around?" I asked, ready to change the subject off of Rose.

"That's not how it works, babe," He snickered, "You'll just have to wait and see," He winked, moving closer to me.

"Damnit Pit!" I shoved him, "Just leave," I sighed, wishing he would change back already. I pictured Preston in my mind, just normal old Preston, I told myself.

"How? The elevator is broken," He said smartly, giving the doors a firm punch. I flinched, but he seemed completely unaffected as he laughed like a maniac.

"I noticed," I said dryly. Pit shrugged, looking back at me, his eyes boring into mine. I slid down the elevator wall, feeling hopeless.

"Let's have a chat, darling, since we're stuck up here," Pit sat down next to me, "First question, What's your biggest fear?" He asked, trying to pry into what would make lose control, what would get him to his end goal: Rose.