Oops Pit's done it again

Preston's P.O.V:

I grabbed a bowl of nachos and sat next to Mitch and Jerome, who were currently fighting over the TV remote. Vik was standing next to the microwave; making popcorn while on the phone with his boyfriend. Lachlan sat a separate chair, stuffing his face with Swedish fish while recording Mitch and Jerome's little battle.

I pulled out my phone, checking the time. I texted Rob that if he didn't come down soon we would start watching the movie without him. He had insisted on taking a shower, so now we were stuck waiting on him.

"Give it back or I am gonna break up with you," Jerome warned Mitch as they struggled for control. Jerome pinned Mitch to the floor, desperately trying to wrench the remote from Mitch's hands, who had no intent on letting it go.

"Get a room," Rob called out as he walked down the stairs, a flower crown entangled in his wet hair.

"This is our house, so basically everywhere is our room," Mitch replied, still on the floor. Jerome paused his struggle for a moment, winking at Rob.

"Can you please shut the hell up I can't hear anything over your shit!" Vik shouted from the kitchen, covering his free ear with one hand, leaning into his phone.

"Hey what happened to good ol' friendly fun time?" Lachlan asked, walking over to Mitch and plucking the remote from his unexpecting hand, returning to his seat.

"Fuck you Lachlan," Mitch complained, Jerome helping him stand up. He dusted off his jeans, glaring at his friend.

"Excuse me?" Jerome taunted, pulling Mitch onto his lap to sit back down as Lachlan searched through Netflix for movies to watch.

"Glad to see you're alive, Rob," I laughed, patting the empty spot next to me. He walked over, sitting beside me. I absently reached up to adjust his crown, and he gave me a goofy look.

I drew my hand away, focusing my attention back on the screen as Lachlan searched for the Bee Movie. Rob settled in next to me, reaching into the nacho bowl I held in my lap.

"Shit even isn't on here, like fuck Netflix," Lachlan groaned, throwing the remote to Rob, who caught it in midair.

"How about..." Rob trailed off, searching for something else, "This one," He selected 50 First Dates, smiling at Mitch and Jerome, "The lovebirds will enjoy this one,"

We laughed, Mitch snuggling into Jerome's chest as the movie began. I whispered harshly to Vik, who said a hasty goodbye to Simon before joining us on the couch.

We watched it up until the last couple scenes before I needed to get something to drink from laughing too much. Lachlan paused the movie as I left, the guys starting to talk amongst themselves about something new to watch.

I opened the fridge, searching it for any stray cans of soda. I eventually settled for water, taking a moment to just think. I looked out the window onto the street, sipping my drink thoughtfully. It had been so long since I'd seen the guys, but it could be a little overwhelming sometimes with so much energy in one area.

I suddenly noticed an uncomfortable lack of noise coming from the living room. I walked towards it, taking a last chug of my water as I heard a sound so piercingly loud my heart could've stopped from shock alone.

I felt the glass fall from my hand and watched it shatter in slow motion, and then I blinked.

Rob's P.O.V:

Mitch grabbed the remote, exiting off of the movie. "Do you mind if we finish our Supernatural episode? We are halfway through it," He asked, the rest of us nodding in agreement.