2. Side Effects

Nicky's POV

Agent Stevenson really doesn't seem to care that we're getting pointed and stared at as he drags me through the airport.

Like, literally drags.

Like, my heels are digging into the floor and he's causing holes to be burned through my sneakers.

His wrist is still handcuffed to mine and I have to hold on to his arm to keep the metal cuff from slicing through my skin.

I can't wait to see how he explains this to security.

"Stop fighting!" He hisses as he stops and pulls me in front of him and begins pushing me instead of pulling me behind him.

And what do I do?

I pretend to faint.

He swears out loud. "Get up." He growls. "I don't have the time or patience to deal with you right now."

I don't move and stay limp in his arms, eyes closed. With any luck, he'll begin to think I've actually passed out and he'll unlock me to get help.

"Fine." He says simply and before I can grasp what's happening he's thrown me over his shoulder and began to stroll on down to security.

"Put me down." I hiss. My arm's twisted at an awkward angle because of the stupid cuffs but my other arm is as good as ever and I begin to pound on his back with my fist.

Fun fact, he's literally made of stone.

I do more damage to my hand than to his back and he just lets out an annoyingly taunting laugh. I can't see his face but I can definitely tell he's smug.

I've never had the sudden urge to kill someone...until I met him.

I'm all but thrown off his shoulder and onto the floor. I glare at him from my position and get to my feet, all the while he smiles widely to himself.

He pushes past several groups of people and drags me behind him. I crash into several people, muttering my apologizes as he pulls me roughly along behind him. Though I'm not actually apologizing for running into the people. I'm apologizing for taking certain needed objects out of their pockets...like bobby pins.

I bend the bobby pin out and stick the end of it in the keyhole on the cuffs. Agent Stevenson continues to drag me behind him, oblivious to what I'm doing. I almost cry out in glee when I hear the click of the lock and the handcuffs begin to fall from my wrist.

I hold onto it for a couple more seconds until I see an opportunity and the second I do I've dropped my end of the cuff and am sprinting out of the mass line of people.

I don't make it very far.

"You're making it very difficult for me to do my job." His grip is like iron as he grabs hold of my wrist and drags me behind him much more forcefully than before.

"Help!" I scream as I try to yank my arm free. "I'm being kidnapped! Help! Rap-"

A hand is clasped over my mouth faster than humanly possible. His eyes flash dangerously.

"I dare you to finish that freaking sentence."

So I do.

What can I say? I don't back down from dares...though I'm thinking that maybe I should have this time.

Agent Stevenson has clearly never heard the saying, 'forgive and forget.' And I don't even want to know why he was carrying around duck tape in his pocket, but he was, and he slapped a piece over my mouth so hard I'm sure I'm going to have a bruise. But since my hands weren't tied I just ripped it off after about fifteen seconds.