21. Tattoo? What Tattoo?

Nicky's POV

"Your turn to do the dishes," Ryder says as he stands from the table.

I glare at him. "How did you come to that conclusion? I've done them for the past three nights. I'm supposed to be the guest."

"You're not a guest. You're like the stray dog I'm stuck with taking care of." My glare turns deadlier as he talks. "And I came to that conclusion because I have a few calls I need to make."

I shoot him a flat look. "You've had 'calls' to make for four nights now."

Ryder shoots me a wide smile. "What can I say? I'm an important person." He starts to walk away before stopping to call over his shoulder. "And I really hate doing the dishes."

I curse him out as I start to gather the plates off the table and walk over to the sink. I debate whether to actually do the dishes or just leave them in the sink for him to take care of.

Ryder leans back against the counter next to the sink and scrolls through his phone. From the looks of it, he's not going to be making any calls anytime soon, considering he's so invested in the game he's playing.

I glare at him before turning my attention back to the dishes in the sink. My eyes lock on to the sink spray nozzle. I look over at Mr. Oblivious again before looking back at the spray nozzle.

I bite my lip to hide the smile that spreads across my face as the idea forms in my head. I turn on the sink and grab the spray nozzle, aiming it in Ryder direction.

"Ryder, I can't find the scrub brush."

"It should be right next to the sink," He says as his eyes remain glued to his phone screen.

"Well, it's not," I tell him, waiting for him to look in my direction.

"Then I don't know what you did with it."

I glare at him while his sole focus stays on his phone. "Then help me find it," I mutter.

He lets out an overdramatic groan and sets his phone down on the counter, turning toward me . . . and I press the button on the nozzle and water shoots out in a jet stream and hits him right in the face.

He pauses and brings a hand up to wipe at his face, his eyes opening to stare right at me. I'm still holding the nozzle, but it's currently off and I'm biting my tongue to keep from laughing at the look of utter disbelief on his face.

His eyes narrow into slits and water drips down his face onto his shirt as he stares at. He raises an eyebrow. "Oh, so you think this is funny, do you?"

I smile wider. "Absolutely," I tell him.

"Ok," He says as he takes a step toward me. I press the button and spray him in the face again.

He moves faster than I thought possible and suddenly he's right in front of me, reaching for the spray nozzle. I continue to spray him as he tries to wrestle the nozzle out of my hands.

He finally succeeds and suddenly I'm the one on the receiving end of the spray of water. So I grab the bottle of soap and dump it over his head.

I'm able to get the spray nozzle back from him and start to spray him once again before he takes it back from me. Soapy bubbles and water are all over both of us, the sink, the counters, and the floor.

He grabs me and pins me with my back against his chest and continues to spray me over the head with water. I try to take the spray nozzle back from him but lose my balance on the slippery floor and we both going falling over.

We're both laughing even as we hit the floor, with him on his back and me on top of him, both of us chest to chest. It's only when I go to push off and get back to my feet that I realize exactly how close we are, what with me practically straddling him and his hands at my waist.