Talking with Professor McGonagall

Professor Minerva McGonagall finished doing her rounds at Hogwarts. She went back to her to office to grade some first year essays. When she walked in, she flicked her wand towards the fireplace. The fireplace roared to life. She went to her desk, and sat down. When she sat, she sighed. It has been a long day. She began to read the first essay when she heard a small knock on her door. She looked at the clock on her mantle. It was after ten. It couldn't be a student. She walked over to her door. When she opened her door, she was surprised to see a little boy sitting on the floor. He was small, he looked like he shouldn't be at Hogwarts yet.

"Do you need something? It's after ten, you shouldn't be out of bed." She asked the child, who was rocking back and forth.

"Ne- never mind." The child replied. The child started to get up. Minerva saw it was a boy.

"If you need something, you can ask me." Minerva told boy in a softer voice than usual. The boy looked up her. She saw it was Harry.

"I- I just have something I think you ought to know. I can come back tomorrow." He started to leave.

"Mr. Potter, come in my office." She brought him into her office. She directed him to the sofa in front of the fireplace.

"What is it you have to tell me?" She asked softly.

"Well, I can't sleep. If I do, I see the Dursleys. And I don't want to back to the Dursleys at the end of the year." He told her. He looked scared to tell her to much.

"Why, do they hurt you?" She asked, not expecting the answer.

"Ye- yes Professor. Would you like me to show you?" He asked her hopefully. She nodded her head. He took of his robe, than his pajama top. What she saw was not what she was expecting. She thought she would just see bruises, not marks on his whole back. She saw scars, both old and new.

"How often do they do this?" She asked.

"About everyday." He replied while putting his pajama top back on. He started to cry. She felt very sad for this poor boy. She took him in a warm embrace, and was rubbing his back. She was whispering kind words his ear. He started to calm down. But he tightened his grip on the professors robes. She began to rock back and forth. He started to fall asleep in her arms. She knows this because his grip began to loosen, and his head began to fall.

"Poor little fellow." She whispered, more to herself than anything. "He must be so tired. Just sleep, my boy."