"It was a nightmare."

Hermione and Minerva were talking when they heard screaming coming from Harry's room.

"Harry!" Minerva yelled. She ran into his room. He was thrashing around and screaming.
"Harry! Harry, wake up! It's okay! Wake up!" Minerva shouted, trying to shake Harry. Finally, he stopped thrashing about, but was still crying. He started waking up.
"It's okay, Harry. It was just a nightmare. You're safe." Minerva told him calmly. She just held him, rubbing his back and rocking back and forth. Hermione just stood watching from the doorway, amazed at how her Professor was doing this.

"Do you need any help, Professor?" Hermione whispered to Minerva. Minerva just shook her head no.
"Then I'll head out." Hermione told her. She turned around and grabbed her bag and walked out. On her way out, she ran into Albus.

"Oh, Hermione. Is Professor McGonagall inside?" He asked her, eyes gleaming.

"She is. You'll be amazed by what she is doing. Trust me." Hermione told him, giving him a small smile. Albus returned the smile and went in. He looked around but couldn't see Minerva. He listened and heard humming. He followed the source of the noise into Harry's room. He saw Minerva with Harry in her arms rocking him and humming.

"Lavender's Blue. You always liked that song, Tabby." Albus told her, making her jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Ms. Granger is right though. You're amazing." Albus told her, smiling. Minerva smiled back. She looked down at Harry and saw he was asleep again. She tucked him in and went back into her living room.

"Thank You. It's quite easy if you know how to do it. He has nightmares, you know. That's why he doesn't want to go back. Besides the fact that they're mean to him, he has nightmares. The only one, besides myself, who seems okay with that is Hermione. Ronald Weasley slapped her. Right outside my door. He was making such noise, I went over to look. I opened the door just enough for me to see and he slapped her. She's fine now. Makes me remember whet was going here." Minerva told him. Looking down, tears in her eyes. Albus caressed her cheek and lifted her head back up.

"Why did it make you remember going here?" He asked, the twinkle in his eye almost gone.

"Because the same thing happened to me. I was trying to stop someone from doing something stupid and he slapped me. Luckily, I had someone who helped me. That was the day I fell in love with them." Minerva told him, a smirk playing with lips.

"And who would that be?" Albus asked, the twinkle completely back in his eyes.

"You know perfectly well who it was. He's sitting right next to me."