8.0

Keiji Akaashi
明石啓二
~

I listen as Bokuto talks to his father on the phone, he sits up on the bed next to me, his hair down flat. He wears what appears to be my sweater, which is way to small on him so it's basically a crop top, and his underwear which is short and tight. I look down at my own body and see that he took of my jeans so I would be comfortable.

"No......no...... my life means nothing to you anyway so why ask?........ oh bullshit!..... I'm just here for nana and then I'm leaving.......WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET?!.......... you know what, bye."

He tosses his phone on the bed and sighs, burrying his head in his hands. I sit up, crawling over to him on the bed and sitting on my knees, wrapping my arms around his bulky frame. He buries his head into my shoulder and drags his arms around my waist.

I don't know why we're even here. I didn't bother asking, knowing it was important to him. I'm pretty sure he'll tell me sooner or later, but I'm not going to push it. I came here because I care about him, and he needs me. I'm not going to let him down.

"Keiji, we need to leave soon." Bokuto whispers in to my chest, grabbing fistfuls of the back of my shirt.

"Ok, let's get ready." I whisper back, careful that if I speak or move to quickly that he'll break right in my arms.

~~~

We sit in the cab in silence, my hand placed in Bokuto's for reassurance. He's only given me a sliver of the information, why we're really here, but I know there's more to the story and I'm willing to wait to hear the whole thing.

We step in to the hospital, the walls are painted a bright color that would seem unnecessary in a hospital. I know for a fact it's not white, it's darker than that. We walk to the front desk, my hand never leaving Bokuto's.

"I'm here to see Kishiko Bokuto." Bokuto says to the small lady in front of her computer.

She nods, typing the name in to her computer. "She's placed on the third floor in room 12, but we ask that immediate family is brought in to the room first." She looks directly at me and before I can open my mouth to speak Bokuto lies straight to the woman's face.

"Well my fiancé and I will get going to my grandmother's room, since we are immediate family." Bokuto snaps, noticing her discomfort in our hands clasped together.

As we walk towards the elevator Bokuto grumbles. "Homophobic fucks." I chuckle at that, gripping his hand tightly as we go up each floor agonizingly slow.

"Kou." I mumble his nickname, causing him to glance down at me.

"Why are you so nervous?" I finally ask the question I've been dying to ask since we stepped foot out of the hotel. Bokuto sighs, looking forward and I know it's to keep me from seeing his tears slip.

"I'm seeing my father for the first time in 12 years." He says, my eyes widen in shock. "He left when I was very young. When my mother died he beat be relentlessly, and I couldn't even stop him. Every day I had a new bruise or a new scar because of him. He left me by myself shortly after she died and didn't even bother to say goodbye. I was alone in our house for a couple weeks, just going to school and pretending nothing had happened. But then they started shutting off the water and electricity, due to the fact that I couldn't pay bills. And soon they were at my door step, thus they had to send me to family since I was alone. Child services tried to reach my father but failed greatly. Then child services placed me in the hands of my grandmother. She raised me like I was her own. She had my father when she was very young, around the age of 15, so when I placed in her care she wasn't older than 40. But she grew sick as she got older, and then we moved to Tokyo so I could go to Fukurodani, it was my dream school. But once I was close to finishing high school my grandmother helped me purchase an apartment and left back from Osaka. I received letters from her on holidays and my birthday, each year it grew less and less and now I know why."

I found myself crying with him, my heart pained by his words. Who could do such things to such a kind heart? I pull Bokuto in for a hug, pressing a kiss to the taller boy's forehead.

"I'll never leave Kotaro." I say, just as the elevator door opens.

We step out, walking slowly down the hallways to his grand mother's room. My heart races so loud, I'm sure it can be heard in the dead silent hallway. Im nervous for Bokuto. After seeing how much this hurts him, I can't help but hurt for him too. I yearn to just kiss him and tell him everything's going to be okay.

Before we get to the room Bokuto stops, causing my eyes to flick up to meet his. "Please don't let go of my hand." He begs, resting his free hand on the door knob and gently pushing the door open.

There in the room sits a man who looks almost identical to Bokuto, next to a hospital which lays an old woman, her hair tossed in to a bun.

"Son."

"Kastu."

~~~

It's about to get very heated between Bokuto and his father. And something's going to stir up between Daddyo and Keiji Akashi. ;))))))