13.0

Kotaro Bokuto
北村真墨
~

I stand on the stage, Akashi by my side, next to the last two contestants in the art competition. The process was quite different than from what I expected. It's a day long process, each artist and their piece (along with a model if they had one), were judged by a series of judges and asked multiple questions. Not only the quality of the piece was being graded, but the quality of the artist as well.

Somehow I managed to make it to the top three. I hold Akashi's hand tight in mine, nervous for the outcome.

The other two's paintings are beautiful as well, but since mine has Keiji on it, it's even more beautiful.

"And the winner is....."

I have no reason to be nervous, I've made it this far. But I would really like to win.

"Kotaro Bokuto and his painting: My love, Keiji."

I instantly break out in to a grin, Keiji pulling me in to a tight hug. "You did it Kotaro." He whispers in my ear, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

The crowd cheers and claps, the other contestants giving myself a hug and congratulating me before Keiji and I are sat in chairs in front of an interview, on either side of my painting.

"What made you want to paint this piece?" The interviewer, a man in about his mid thirties, wearing an all black tuxedo, asks me.

I ponder for a moment, taking Akashi's hand in mine. "Ever since I met Keiji, I knew I wanted to paint him. I painted him three or four times before this, each being more beautiful than the next. But Keiji wore that shirt one day and I just had to, he looked so perfect in it." I say, the interviewer seeming quite interested with my response.

"Are you two?" He trails off, smiling as he motions between us.

Keiji laughs, smiling at me. "Yes." I answer, grinning back at him.

"I understand from previous interviews that painting means a lot to you, well to the both of you in that case. Why is that?"

Keiji speaks up. "I myself cannot paint, whatsoever, I'm terrible at art. But the way Kotaro paints is different than any thing I've ever seen. He's passionate about it, every brush stroke is filled with him, if that makes any sense. But what I loved more is the fact that he told me what the colors were, and explained them in ways I could never forget. That's why I grew to love the art." He says, causing my heart to swell up.

"What do you mean by, told you what the colors were?" The interviewer asks, completed intranced by Keiji's words. Of course everyone is, he has such a beautiful way of words.

Keiji chuckles, clearing his throat before answering the question. "I have the disability of color blindness, mine is quite rare. I can see no color at all." He explains, earning some gasps from the crowd.

"Beautiful, beautiful." The man says, advertinf his attention to me. "No Kotaro, why do you love art?"

"When I was younger, I had a rough past, and the only way to express myself was through art. My grandmother was such a role model to me, and such a help. She put me in classes, bought my supplies. But art speaks to me, I'm usually a loud and rowdy person, but art changes me. Art lifts me up and makes me happy." I smile, feeling Keiji squeeze my hand gently.

"My last question: What do you both wish/hope for the future and why?" He asks, and I'm slightly taken aback.

The room is silent waiting for our answers, but an answer doesn't come. I don't know what I wish for, it's something I've never thought about. I glance at Keiji who has a confused look on his own face as he searches his brain for answers.

Keiji then clears his throat. "May it be more than one wish?" He asks, earning a nod in return.

"I hope that my friends, who are on the Japan national volleyball team, win the championship because they deserve it. I wish that one day I'll be able to see everyone in my life in color. I wish for my family to be happy, whoever they are. I wish to see the paintings Bokuto has stored in his apartment in his own museum. And I hope that one day, I'll be able to wake up to Kotaro blasting his music in our shard house, early in the morning dancing and painting. And I hope that everyday I'll be able to watch him do so, because it's miraculous."

I stare at Keiji in shock, as does everyone else at his hopes and wishes for the future.

"That was very.... touching. "

"You're telling me!" I snort, smiling at my boyfriend.

"Your turn." He whispers and I sigh.

"But I have so many!" I groan, earning smiles in return.

"List them all, we would love to here."

I take a deep breath, smiling as I do so. "I hope that one day, Keiji will see the world in color. I wish that Keiji could see how beautiful this world is around him, including himself. I wish for a pet owl, and I will name him Kotaro. I hope that I will never lose my love for painting. I hope that Kuroo will finally purpose to Tsukki after four years of dating." I take a quick pause to make eye contact with Kuroo in the crowd. "Seriously man, it needs to happen."

"Oya!" He yells from the crowd.

"Anyway; I hope that Suga becomes the owner of the art museum, that he's worked at as a manager for as long as I can remember. And I hope, that one day Keiji-San and I live under one roof, together, rings on our fingers, love in our hearts, forever and always."

Keiji and I smile at the interviewer, who stares at us with tears in his eyes. "Beautiful!" He cheers.

The crowd claps and I can't help but grin as wide as I possibly can at the man next to me.

"Forever and always Kotaro-San."

"Oya."

~~~

The end. ;)

Thank you so much for reading. :))))))) be sure to read the next Tokyo book in the series.

Love you!!!!