15

You didn't fall asleep.
The shrill snores coming from Jarvis's bedroom. And Newt's growling like snore you were definitely not asleep so you pondered.

Why do I feel obliged to be motherly or affectionate towards Newt? Why wasn't Jarvis very fazed by learning magic is real? Why? WHY? WHY?!

You put your hands to your temples trying to quiet your mind.
Shill snores. Grumbling and growling.

Mayyyybe it was a bad idea trying to quiet your mind.

Then the process started over again, you blocked out their snores with thinking only to be overwhelmed but your own unanswered questions. This repeated all the way till the hours of the mourn.

You thought you deserved something to to after laying stiffly on your 'bed'.
You scuffled to the kitchen and looked at the array of assorted canned foods.
Soup. Soup is good.
You grabbed a can of (favorite soup) and opened it, and sniffed it.
At least it doesn't smell like socks.

You set the soup on the counter an grabbed a pot. You grabbed the can of soup and turned around only to be met with a firm/squishy wall.
"Good morning to you too." Jarvis chuckled. You grumbled and continued on your quest of making soup.

You started a fire and the put the pot on to boil. This could take a while but its worth it. You heard a groan elate from the living area. Heavy footsteps made their way to the kitchen, bringing a disheveled looking Newt with them.