2: 3

She unlocked the white wooden door that opened directly into the living area. She took off her shoes and started to make herself a little more comfortable. Newt shrugged off his jacket and hung it on the coat rack.

"So what's the real reason you haven't shaved your squirrel?" She asked sitting on the couch with her feet kicked up on the coffee table. Her face in the folded out newspaper.

Newt's faces felt hot. He rubbed his beard slightly deciding if he wanted to make himself look foolish. "I forgot my travel razor back in England." He said looking at his hands.
"Good. You know you're a terrible liar." She said flipping the page in her newspaper.

"So I've been told..." Newt mumbled sitting on the opposite side of the couch. He felt funny being off a boat and on solid ground. The lag was not much of a problem he just felt sick and tingly. Soon enough his head started to spin and he fell into a very deep sleep.

She finished up her paper and looked over to Newt. His head was leaned back and his mouth was slightly ajar. She smiled fondly at the curly haired gent on her sofa. She put the paper on the coffee table and made him look a bit more comfortable.

She had moved him so he was laying on his side on the couch. She crouched down beside him, she ran her fingers through his hair and placed a kiss onto his forehead causing to stir in his sleep.

She walked into her room and shed her clothes and wiped the day off her face. And put on her pajamas. She crawled into her bed, only to be awoken by grizzly bear like snores emitting from the living room.

Guess I'm not sleeping.
She thought looking out the window on the left hand side of her bed. The growing city's lights shown brightly, casting ominous shadows onto the walls and floor.

Why exactly is Newt in New York? Why wouldn't he stay with Goldstein's? He was pardoned...

...
She thought and thought until the morning birds began to sing, and the sun replaced the city's lights. She rubbed the thoughts away, grabbed her robe, and walked into the living room.

Newt lied on the couch at an askew angle. He was laying on his arm with his mouth open, one of his legs was falling off the couch, and his hair was fuzzier than normal and his face was flushed from being warm.

"Newton." She said shaking his shoulder. "Wake up." She said poking him. "Fine, no pancakes."
She said getting up. A hand wrapped around her wrist. She smirked and sat on the floor.
"I didn't know pancakes were your weakness." She teased.

"I just wanted to see what you would do." Newt mumbled sitting up, bones cracking in the process. She cringed at the violet sound. "Let's go make pancakes."