2: 4

You walked into your small-ish kitchen and started to gather the ingredients to make your "famous" pancakes. You grabbed the small container of butterscotch chips and the flour at the same time. Once you had all the ingredients you mixed the dry stuff then cracked the eggs and poured the small bit of cream and beer. Once it was properly mixed you got out the pan.

The fire stove took a little longer then your liking, but Newt had the idea to use magic instead of a muggle's stovetop. All he really did was enchant the flames to burn a little harder leaving you to your devices. The satisfying sizzle of the batter on the hot pan rang throughout the apartment and the sweet butterscotch scent filled the air.

You hummed a little diddy and tapped your foot as you flipped the perfectly golden, fluffy pancake. Newt sat on the arm of the couch with a straight view of you. He knew he was too far gone in love with you, but you didn't remember your drunken actions. You didn't remember the passionate kiss, or the fire whiskey. You were to drunk.

He watched you a small pang in his heart. You had a slight smile gracing your lips. The pile of pancakes had grown as Newt was stuck in his own head. He didn't notice you snapping in front of his face. He was snapped out of his head, blinking his eyes rapidly, clearing the haze.

"The pancakes are done, Lovely." You said petting his squirrel that was growing out of his face.

"Lovely?" Newt asked, tilting his head, confused. A sly smirk rolled across your face and you tapped his nose teasingly, walking over to the table where you had already set up the table while Newt was in his own mind palace. The butterscotch smell practically radiated from the plate. You passed him the butter and melted butterscotch chips for him to pour/dip the pancakes.

Newt cut a piece of the pancake and dipped a corner of the cut-pancake. He eated the sweet dessert and was reminded of his days at Hogwarts, drinking butterbeer in the Hufflepuff dormitory. Newt moaned at the tasted and quickly scarfed down the rest of the food. You laughed lightly and ate your pancakes a bit slower.

"Enjoying the pancakes Lovely?" You asked resting your head on your hands and fondly looking at him. All you got from that was a "Mmm-Hmm!" you laughed at his antics, and went back to your pancakes. "It's nice I'm not alone this Saturday, Jarvis has been working overtime at the factory." You said picking up your plate and taking it to the sink.

"Oh that was wonderful, Lively." Newt said a smirk in his voice. "You remembered!" You said turning to him. But you don't remember Newt thought to himself putting on a fake smile. You noticed. "Newton what's wrong?" You said walking up to him and cupping his cheek. "Don't... Don't." Newt said pushing away from you and walking to his suitcase and moodily going inside.

"I'm sorry."