23

Skipping the unimportant things they both went to bed. The morning came rudely and unexpected. Her alarm clock rang loudly.

She opened your eyes and glared hatefully at the device. She raised a hand and smacked it down on the clock stopping the droning noise. Begrudgingly she sat up in bed.

Trudging towards the bathroom she looked in the mirror her hair looked like a chicken crest while a small line of drool covered her mouth. She wiped her face, grabbed her brush/comb and brushed through her tangled hair.

After she was satisfied she striped of her dressing gown and turned on the shower. Once the water was the perfect temperature she stepped in.

She scrubbed her hair and washed her body and wrapped herself in a towel and she walked back to her room.

Grabbing a simple dress sh slipped on some undergarments and pulled the dress over her head. Her hair was still a bit damp, small droplets of water falling from the ends. She walked back to the bathroom to apply a little bit of makeup.

A small smoky eye and a red lipstick is all you put on. It seem silly to have a entire makeup drawer caked on your face.

You grabbed your sweater and looked for your book. Where was it you could have sworn you had it, up until you ran into Newt....

She dropped the book.

Her deduction journal.

Every deduction she made about a customer. What they were wearing, how they carried themselves, how many children, who they were, what they did by the looks of their hands, what sorrows happened by the gleam in their eye....

Gone.

She sunk to the ground.
She couldn't cry, she didn't want to. But she never felt so much.... Grief.

Over a book.

But a book full of real wholesome people; the good, the bad.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?" She heard Newt ask from the doorway. "Nothing Newt. Nothing at all." She said smiling fakely.

"I know you aren't (Y/N), but I can tell you don't want to talk about it." He said placing his hands firmly on her shoulders. Looking in her eyes his placed a kiss on her cheek and rubbed his thumb on her jaw.

Her hear beated loudly in her ears and a heat covered her face.
Newt smiled at how cute she looked with the blush and not thinking he leaned in and kissed her.