vi. Thick as thieves? -Forever & more.

[➵]

[➵]

      Melanie stepped foot outside of the apartment she'd been laying low in. A few days had gone by since Hayley's visit and she hadn't heard from any of the other supernatural rugrats plaguing the town. In her opinion it was high time she disappeared before her old demons caught up to her. Normally she would've opened a black hole and went back home, but for some reason she couldn't find Elijah. She hadn't heard, spoken to, or seen the vampire since he dropped stuff of for her. It was weird and unlike him considering he'd given her a mobile phone for occasions like this, and yet he wasn't returning her calls.

     She stepped out looking at her outfit. She was wearing a long sleeved navy and white shirt, grey puma joggers, and white sneakers. Her goal was to look as inconspicuous as possible and she hoped the look pulled it off. Melanie fluffed her noir hair and had barely taken a second step when she felt herself get thrown back against the wall. With zero time to react a hand found itself around her neck as the unknown assailant pinned her against the wall.

"You bloody cow!" A familiar voice yelled in her face. It only took a second for Melanie to regain her senses and realize who was attacking her.

Rebekah Mikaelson.

They stared quietly at one another as Rebekah mentally barraged Melanie with a onslaught of thoughts, followed by her storm of emotions. They all centered around her being upset. Upset that Melanie had left her to deal with the craziness of the family without her. That in betraying Klaus she had also betrayed Rebekah by casting her aside with him. The only Mikaelson Melanie had stayed in constant touch with was Elijah, and that deeply hurt Rebekah.

"You left me! You used Nik and then you left me. We were supposed to be best friends, Melanie! Thick as thieves, forever and more! Why did you do it?" She yelled finally voicing her thoughts. "And then you have the absolute gull to only stay in touch with bloody Elijah!" Rebekah continued not letting Melanie get a word in. Melanie sighed while accidentally rolling her eyes on instinct. The eye roll only enraged Rebekah further. "Oh I'm sorry? Am I boring you?!"

"Relax Rebekah." Melanie said as she removed Rebekah's hand from her throat. "We clearly have things to talk about but I need to know how the fuck you found me." She would gladly play Rebekah's blame game later but she was more concerned on how a second person had found her "secret" apartment. Whenever she found Elijah they would definitely have to talk about the lack of security at this supposed stronghold.

"Is that all you care about? Yourself?! You're no better than Nik, and I can't wait to tell him where to find you. He's got a nice little coffin waiting just for you!" Rebekah hissed, black veins protruding from her underneath her eyes as she vamped out. Melanie had to refrain from laughing at the coffin bit. She always thought the coffin thing was quiet cynical and morbid.

"Unless you've got a mystical dagger capable of stopping rebirth, I'd like to see your bastard brother try and stick me into one of those god forsaken things." She spat harshly. The thought of them even attempting to stick her into one of those coffin was enough to set her off. Who on earth wanted to spend a millennium in there? The girls both huffed, breathing heavily as they glared at each other. Melanie's rage had been slowly building but came to a halt when Rebekah's emotions registered with her.

She was angry, sad, and hurt, but more importantly she missed Melanie. She missed the friendship they once had and longed for nothing more than to have it back. To be thick as thieves once again. Melanie sighed letting all of her anger melt away in the single puff.

"I'm sorry, okay?" She began causing Rebekah to visibly relax. "It was a horrible thing to do, and it's been bothering me for centuries. And that's not even mentioning how guilty I feel about Nik. I want to fix things and pick up where we left off." She stuck her pinky finger out. "Thick as thieves?" She whispered.

Rebekah stared at her silently, so many emotions flooding through her system before finally she smiled. She stuck her pinky finger out and looped it with Melanie's. "Forever and more." She finished off the saying by bringing her lips to her pinky. Melanie grinned before touching her own lips to her pinky as well. They stared into each other's eyes for a second before pulling apart and separating.

"Now for the reason I originally came here for, have you seen Elijah?" Rebekah questioned as Melanie leaned against the wall. "In all honesty I haven't. That was the only reason I hadn't cut town yet, in fact I was actually on my way to look for him now." Melanie supplied as she motioned her hands around to signify outside. Rebekah frowned as Melanie got a flash of her thoughts. "Ahhh, of course. Hayley told you where to find me. Gonna have to have a chat with that one." She said as she pushed her self off of the wall and started walking away.

Rebekah followed. "Y'know that also pissed me off. That cow had the nerve to think you guys had a bond of some sort. Yet here I am, still tossed aside like my darling brother." Melanie laughed at the first part but a small frown came across her face at the second. "I really wish you wouldn't mention that." She said referring to Nik. "I also wish you'd stop pretending that you don't care for Hayley at all. You know your emotions will always give you away." She stated as they both reached the ground level of the floor. Rebekah rolled her eyes as she jutted out front and walked out the door.

The pair stood in the middle of the busy New Orleans street looking around aimlessly. Melanie turned to look at Rebekah. "Where should we start looking?" She asked while nibbling on her lip. Rebekah shrugged. "In all honesty I'm supposed to be watching the wolf girl right now, and I don't know how long it will take Nik to realize I'm gone. He'll have my head if he catches me with you." Melanie nodded. "Understandable."

"I guess I'll have to do this on my own?" She continued.

"For now."

She nodded again. "Got it. I have the perfect place in mind to start."