vii.

[➵]

[➵]

    Finding Elijah was Melanie's top priority- even if it meant running into a bitter old friend.  Intuition told her that there was no better person to ask about Elijah's whereabouts than Sophie Devereaux. The very witch hell bent on getting her niece back, a witch capable of anything; she had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Melanie eyed her surroundings warily. Graveyards really were her least favorite of places. The smell of decaying bodies and the very rampant unpleasant emotions made it a bit of a hot spot for her. It was a place where she could feel everything. Wild raging emotions from the living and from those on the other side. Frankly she couldn't tell which side was louder, it felt like she was standing in the middle of a crowded football stadium.

     Trying her best to remain neutral in the chaotic setting, Melanie took a step forward before she was greeted by the very person she was looking for.

    "Where have you been?" Sophie hissed as she stepped out of the shadows. "I've been looking everywhere for you! And it's not like I can freely use magic to summon you."

     Melanie immediately silenced her with the wave of her hand. Telekinesis was truly a beautiful thing. "Where's Elijah?" Sophie's thoughts did the talking for her. I don't know. Her thoughts being true much to Melanie's annoyance. How hard was it to spot a 1,000 year old vampire in a button down suit? "Do you have any idea what could of happened to him?" She tried again. Sophie answered with another no, yet again confirmed by her thoughts. Frustration was beginning to become a understatement for Melanie as she released her hold on Sophie's mouth.

"You by far have proven to be nothing but useless to me." She snipped seriously annoyed. All she wanted was a very simple answer to the very simple question: "Where was Elijah?" And she couldn't even get that. "I'm sorry...." Sophie said as a wave of guilt washed over her. Melanie ignored the feelings she felt radiating from the girl and she thought of her options. There was a chance Elijah could've told Hayley where he was going. There was also a possibility that Marcel knew something. She continued pondering her options until a sudden realization dawned on her.

"Fuck." She hissed.

Sophie stared at her confused. Like most people on earth she wasn't blessed with the ability to read people's minds and had no idea what the girl was thinking. "What?" She questioned curiously. Melanie looked at her gravely.

"Where can I find the Mikaelson's?"

-/-

Melanie stood outside the Mikaelson manor with a frown on her face. She knew she'd have to confront her demons at some point but that didn't mean she wanted to. In fact at this very moment she wanted to be far across the country but when she phoned Rebekah, this is where she insisted they met. Her heart pumped in her chest at the thought of being confronted by Nik. Her palms itched and beads of sweat slowly formed on her forehead. The anxiety by itself threatened to unwind a thread that needed to stay in place. She hadn't even taken a step when Rebekah appeared in front of her.

    "Melanie? What's wrong? I can hear your heart beating from a mile away." She said as  she approached Melanie and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. Melanie didn't respond as her thoughts took her away from the moment. Physically she was standing in front of Rebekah but mentally she wasn't even on the planet anymore. "Hey." Rebekah quietly said as she gently grabbed Melanie's cheeks. "Pretty bird, focus on me. He's not here, okay? You have nothing to worry about. Even if he was I wouldn't let him lay a hand on you." Rebekah consoled her. "Neither would Elijah. Which is why your here. You said you had something to tell me."

     Melanie nodded, slowly coming back to reality. "I figured it out." She whispered looking into Rebekah's concerned eyes. "He found out. Nik found out that Elijah's secretly been helping me." She said with a hundred percent validity. "He's done something terrible to him but I can't figure out exactly what, but I know he has." Rebekah nodded in agreement. "Follow me." She said. Reluctantly Melanie did not follow Rebekah into the home. "I had the same gut feeling that Nik did something to 'Lijah as well." Rebekah said when she noticed Melanie had zero intentions of entering.

     "What?" She questioned wondering why Melanie wasn't moving.

    "Why is Hayley standing next to a pile of dead bodies?" She questioned taking a stride towards the wolf. "Some vampires tried to attack her in the Quarter." She began as Hayley took sight of the duo and came jogging over. "So I killed them." Rebekah finished off as Hayley came over, extremely nervous.

     "Melanie what are you doing here?!" She questioned on the verge of shouting. The panic in her voice hit Melanie like a steel truck. Realization dawning on her for a second time today. "What is she doing here?!" Hayley asked as she turned to Rebekah.

    "What do you mean?" Rebekah asked confused. "She's here because of Elijah."

    "We need to get her out of here now."

      "Why?"

     "Because he's here." Melanie said breaking her silence. "Because Nik is here and I just walked right into his trap."