Chapter 1: Getting Started

Btw a huge majority of this story is in your pov

   "Oh no, what'll we do?", Greg asked. I pondered for a second.
  " I don't know", I responded going over to the built in storage on the escape pod. I opened the storage lid and pulled out a couple nutrition bars and a couple bottles of water.
   "This is all we have right now, seeing as this planet has breathable air we can probably go out and get food", I nervously stated. Greg's expression said enough.
   " There is no way in hell I'm going out there", He yelled. I looked at him.
  " Fine, I guess I'll take these with me and I'll got get more food", I said taking the nutrition bars, water bottles, and the stasis rifle with me. I climbed to the top hatch and climbed out.
  "Hey! Don't just leave me here with nothing!", Greg shouted climbing to the hatch and getting out with me. " As always blackmailing people to get your way "
    "Just be glad I let you on the life pod with me.", I said before jumping into the water.  
   Immediately I'm met face to face with an odd creature. It's was huge, and looked as if it had a small ecosystem on it's back. I remember having a scanner that could tell me a lot about any creature. I pulled out my scanner and scanned the large creature.
   It was called a reefback, it was a gentle giant. That's good to hear. I swim past it and look for an island, I hope this planet will have. I swim for what seems to have been maybe half a day.
   There it is in all its glory an island. I quickly swim to the island and lay down for a minute or two. Exhausted I sit up eat one of the nutrition blocks and drink half of one of the bottles.
    Scutter   Scratch
      Scutter   Scratch 
   I look around and see weird crab like creatures scurrying around and getting closer. One lunges at me and dodge the little weirdo. I jump to my feet and stomp them to death.
    I start walking around the island. I grabbed a few fruit off of the strange tree. I still have to remember Greg whether I want to or not. I continued exploring the island. I soon stumbled up a dilapidated base. I climb up to the opening and climbed in.
     The base was covered in overgrown plants. I scanned a few things here and there. Planters, doors, base parts, ect. I also obtained a few things, more clean water, nutrition bars, materials.
   I decided I would come back some other time to get more materials. I started my journey back to the life pod. It was completely dark before I even made it half way back. I continued swimming. I had already seen tons of strange creatures, any new ones didn't faze me that much. But one did. It wasn't as big as a reefback or wasn't yet. It looked very strange and easily caught sight of me. It swam towards me and I tried to book it for the life pod , but it just stopped and stared at me.
    I finally made it to the life pod. I quickly entered it and say Greg sitting there at the fabrication station. He turned to me.
   "Welcome back Ms.Blackmail.", he said in a cocky tone.
    " stuff it greg", I said handing him some fruit.
  "Thanks, I went out and made you a knife", Greg replies as he hands the knife to you. I take the knife and sit down to rest.
    " I found an Island, we can go there and get some materials", I said as I started to relax.
   "OK, we'll go tomorrow.", Greg replied happily.
   " yeah ", I yawned and closed my eyes.