4 : Misdeeds

I wake up, and stare out the window waiting for the others to wait up. I look over as Greg , he's still out, so is Ryan. I decide to wait so we can make a plan to gather supplies. As I watch out the window I watch as a familiar face swims up.
    "Hey Koltu ", I saw quietly, luckily he is amazing and was able to hear me.
   "Hello (y/n), you're up rather early"
   "Yeah, I just feel odd, like something bad is going to happen ", I respond tiredly. He nods and gives a reassuring look, at least you think he did.
    " Don't fret, I'll stay with you today , if you'd like"
   "I'd appreciate that", I say feeling a little better. Koltu gives me a soft chuckle and swims off, probably to scare off any unwanted visitors.
   I wait a while longer, Ryan wakes up, startling me in the process.
    "You okay? ", I ask a little freaked out by the suddenness of him waking up.
    "Y-yeah I'm o-okay", He says out of breath , like he just ran a marathon. I step over and pat him on the back awkwardly.
    "Nightmare?", I inquired. He pants a little , running his fingers through his hair.
     "Yeah, real bad one." He responds having calmed down a bit. He still shakes a bit though.
    After a little longer Greg wakes up and we decided to start making plans. We decided Koltu and I would go down into the lava zone and collect some things things. I went ahead ,got some cooked fish, and water. Ryan told me to take the prawn suit, it would make my job a little bit easier.
     Koltu and I set off to the lava zone. There were a few creatures along the way that went to attack me but didn't when they noticed Koltu there. As we got farther down , I realized the prawn suit was upgraded to withstand extreme heat and pressure. I was quite thankful for that.
     "Are you alright Koltu? It's getting rather hot down here", I questioned. I don't want him getting hurt.
      " I'm quite alright, we Emperor Leviathans aren't bothered by heat ", he responds calmly. I nodded and we continued down our path.
    After a couple hours we make it to the lava zone or at least one of them. We look around but had to stop as another Leviathan like creature roars in anger. Koltu roars back at whatever it was. Ryan told me a thing called a sea dragon Leviathan was down here, that roar was probably it.
    " Stick close to me ", he commands protectively. I don't want to argue with him so I do as he says. " If you see any of the items we came for tell me, Yilno won't attack you, if I stay near you"
   "Alright". He and I managed to get the items we needed. We go to leave , but stop upon hearing a loud enraged roar. Koltu grabs my suit and pulls me aside. I watch as three fire balls fly past us.
    "The hell was that?!", I Exclaim. Koltu growls angrily.
   "Yilno is hungry, and he wants a bite of you"
     I watch as the sea dragon quickly swims towards us. I brace myself... But there was no impact. I open my eyes to see Koltu biting Yilno by the neck. I watch with fear as Yilno starts violently scratching Koltu with his horrid claws. I do something I will come to regret. I leave the prawn suit , pull out my knife and I swim up to Yilno's head and I stab him in the eye. He goes to cry out but I helped Koltu gain leverage. He bit down harder on to Yilno's throat. Yilno finally drops. The dragon has been slain.
    I swim over to Koltu, it was getting harder to breath. He got me over to the prawn suit and made me get inside. We started out trek back.
     " Why did you do that "
    "I didn't want you to die, I got scared", I replied rather sadly.
    " Don't ever do that again you could've been killed "
    "I know, I'm sorry " I said feeling like I was about to cry.
    " Thank you "
    I didn't know how to respond. I was just glad he was okay.