Chapter Fourteen

Carrie stood still. She didn't know what to do. Her heart is racing, her mind is too, and her body is frozen in it's place. Slowly, she began to turn her head to look up at the human, meeting the large blue eyes with her own green, fear filled ones. 

"Why so scared?" The man said with slight smirk. He hadn't ever seen something like this before, and the first thought was that she had to be worth a decent amount of money right? It was then he began to reach his hand out to grab this tiny woman before she make a run for it, though on the desk, she'd have no where else to go.

As the giant hand began to approach her, Carrie realized she had to move. She took off, towards the back of the desk, using some of the items as shields. She ducked behind the stapler and waited until it was moved before going behind the pencil sharpener, the same thing happening. Then she spotted it. There was a gold thumb tack just a short distance away. She could probably make it if she tried.

Taking a deep breath, she started running across the the top of the desk, heart pounding in her chest as she ducked out of the way of his hand again, grabbing the thumb and tack and turned just in time to shove it into his palm.

The man let out a hiss of pain and pulled his hand away, yanking the tack out and glared angrily down at the small woman. "You little brat!" He spit angrily as he brought his hand over, quickly grabbing her with his good hand, glaring down at her. 

Carrie began to struggle in the tight grip, her arms pinned to her side as she tried to break free. "D-Darren! Lori!" She screamed before the grip tightened and she cried out in pain, tears in her eyes.

The man glanced around the room before carrying the tiny woman over to his own desk, opening the drawer and just dropped her in before closing it and locking it since lunch was ending. "I'll come back for you tomorrow." He mumbled quietly as he just sat down to continue his work, ignoring the small, muffled shouts from in the drawer.

Darren and Lori were chatting quietly as thy both made their way to Darren's desk to see Carrie. "Honestly Lori, that was really nice of you, I'm sure she'll love it." He said with a smile, holding a tiny winter coat and a new set of clothes for Carrie.

"I hope so. Stitches that tiny are extremely hard to do, but I managed to get it all done last night. And in all honesty, this won't be the only thing she loves." Lori mumbled with a hinting cough at the end, glancing at Darren. "If you catch my drift."

He just rolled his eyes before he stopped, looking at his desk. It was a mess, like someone was rummaging around and looking for something. His eyes widened as he realized his tiny friend wasn't there. "Carrie?!" He whispered, slightly panicked before looking back to Lori who looked equally as panic stricken as him. "Carrie?!" He whispered, slightly harsher. "If you're hiding from me to scare me you're in so much trouble!"

Lori grabbed his arm. "Darren, she wouldn't do this to you. Look at your desk, someone grabbed her. We have to find her, who knows how hurt she could get with someone else?!" She whispered to him, looking around the office. "Sh-She's gotta be somewhere here right?! No one would just leave work. Mainly because we don't make a lot and need the hours, but still!"

"Lori you're not helping!" He hissed quietly at her as he pulled open a drawer in his desk, hoping to find Carrie but instead just found some waded papers that have been there since he was an intern. "Carrie?!" He whispered again before his eyes scanned the area, spotting a couple people at their desks and took a deep breath. "It's gotta be done." He mumbled as he walked over to a woman coworker with a frown.

"Cora, hi. "I'm sorry to bother you, but you haven't seen a little girl running around here have you? Like, I mean little. Her name is Carrie, she's about three, four inches tall and I have to find her. I don't want her to be getting hurt." 

Lori stared at Darren, as did Cora but then the elderly coworker gave him a slight smile. "So you've found one?" She said quietly, only loud enough for him, Lori and herself to hear. "I did too, but I was just a little girl. People always thought I was insane, but they're a rare thing to see."

Darren's eyes widened but he nodded. "So, will you please keep an eye out for her?" He asked softly and once she nodded he ran off to try and find her. "Carrie?!" He called out, not bothering to be quiet anymore.

Carrie sat in the drawer, trembling violently as she leaned against the door when she heard it. "Carrie?!" That familiar voice. Darren was looking for her! She had to let him know she was here somehow. Standing up, she banged her tiny fists on the wood. 

"D-Darren!" She shouted at the top of her lungs to try and get her giant friend's attention. But her voice was muffled by the drawer, barely able to be heard outside of it. Looking around in the dark prison she was in, she felt around until she found something smooth, slightly rounded. A pencil! 

Pushing the pencil, Carrie wedged the tip up inside the top of drawer, pushing on it. She had to pry the drawer open somehow. That's when it gave, only a bit though. A slight smile crossed her face. Maybe now her voice would carry! "Darren!" She screamed again, hoping he would hear her this time.

Lori paused hearing the tiny voice call from somewhere in the room. Her hand shot out, grabbing Darren's arm. "I heard her." She whispered with a slight smile.

Darren stopped moving, listening and sure enough he heard that little voice call his name. Though it was faint, and he didn't know from exactly where. He just had to try and look.

Carrie grinned at her own genius until there was sudden movement, and the drawer was yanked open and she looked up to see the man glaring down at her. Before she could scream, his hand wrapped around her tightly, pain shooting through her entire body. Suddenly, she was dropped into the mans own suitcase. The top of the pocket was zipped and tears filled Carrie's eyes. Now Lori and Darren would never find her.