Chapter Fifteen

Darren began to search frantically around the office after hearing her. He had to find her, he just had to! "Carrie?!" He called again, hoping to hear her small, pleading voice again. But when he didn't, worry began to completely take over. "Lori, what if we don't find her?!" He looked at Lori, frowning.

"Darren, it's so nice to see you caring so much for her. Can you tell me why?" Lori said with a sly smile, trying to get her coworker to admit his feelings for the tiny woman. After all, he had to like her a little bit, otherwise it was possible he wouldn't care this much. And she could see the worry plain in his eyes.

"She's my friend!" He looked at her with his mouth turned into an annoyed scowl. But was that really all he wondered? Could there possibly be another reason he wanted to find her so badly? Pushing that to the back of his mind, he continued to rush around the office room, calling Carrie's name.

Carrie could still hear him shouting her name. She was continuously screaming for him, hoping that somehow he would hear her, but when the pocket didn't open she knew there was no hope. Besides, her throat was raw from screaming his and Lori's name. It was burning. What did that man want with her anyway? To hurt her? Sell her into experimentation? That thought made her eyes widen as more tears ran down her face. She just had to get out of here somehow!

The rest of the day was horrid. She had to stay cramped in that pocket, constantly shifting and trying to move it, and sometime during the day the whole case fell over so she was left smothered between the case and floor, barely able to breath! Carrie could have sworn she was going to be killed by this man if he wasn't more careful. And not that long ago did Darren stop calling for her. Did he give up...? No, there was no way! Darren wouldn't abandon her, he was probably just looking elsewhere for her!

It was then that she felt movement. The weight on top of her was lifted, and she could hear footsteps. The man had to be taking her somewhere else now. Maybe his house? And how far was it from Darren's?! What if she never saw her giant friend again?! At this thought, she buried her face into her palms, hair hanging over her face as she began to cry. She wanted him more than ever now.

Darren has searched almost all day with Lori, and there was still no other sign of his tiny friend. Not even a word. He had to stop trying and get back to work. And as he was filling out papers, he jumped as he was slightly startled by one of his coworkers cases falling over but brushed it off as he went back to work. And once the day was done, he rose from his chair with a frown and looked at Lori, and he could tell they shared the same worried and pain stricken look.

Walking over to him, Lori quickly gave him a short, comforting hug. "We'll find her Darren, we just have to." She whispered, closing her eyes. "She likes you, and even though you haven't admitted it, I know you like her. I want to see you two as a couple." She mumbled quietly, looking at him.

Darren's eyes widened as a very light blush crossed his face before he pushed her away. "Shut up. We can't do this, we just have to find her!" He snapped as he ran out of the building, leaving Lori slightly hurt even though she understood his worry.

Once he was outside, Darren put his head in his hands. He was so worried. He was way too worried to think about anything but finding her. Maybe she got away if someone took her. Maybe, just maybe she'd be waiting for him at home. With this hope in mind, he ran out to his car and hopped in, not bothering to buckle in before speeding off.

Carrie was suddenly dumped out of the darkness onto a hard surface, the light surrounding her blinding until she blinked and was able to see she was standing on an unfamiliar kitchen table. Tears had stained water trails down her face, and she wiped tears from her eyes as she looked way up at her captor, taking several steps back. Working up enough courage, she wrapped her arms around herself before yelling at him. "L-Let me go!" She shouted, but it felt like something was ripping her throat as she coughed. It was still sore from all the yelling earlier.

"I suggest you watch your tone with me." The human spat angrily down at her. "My hand still hurts from when you stabbed me." His eyes were narrowed fiercely, giving them a terrifying glint in the light.

Looking away, Carrie backed away more as her tiny body trembled. "I-I'm supposed to be back with Darren! H-He's been calling for me!" She didn't fully shout, but it still felt like her throat was tearing.

"Well you don't have to worry about that anymore." The man mumbled with a smirk. "You're staying here now." His hand then suddenly wrapped around her, moving her until she was standing on the floor. "Now stay here." As he turned away from her, he walked away, each footstep shaking the ground until he was far enough away Carrie couldn't feel his footsteps anymore.

She then took off across the floor, looking for a place to hide. There had to be somewhere! As she ran out into what she believed the living room, she saw that the front door had another smaller door at the bottom. Maybe she could get out that way! But others thing were also able to get in. Her eyed widened in fear at the realization. Another door, meant there was something else that lived in this house with that man. 

Suddenly, the ground began to shake again as a soft clicking behind her grew louder. Once it stopped, she could then hear heavy breathing, almost panting from behind her. Slowly, she began to turn and looked up only for her heart to stop as she stared up into the face of a very large, black dog.