Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Mitchie's POV

“Are you sure, this is what Tom said it lead to?” Nate said as we looked at the deserted street.

Craig parked the car in one of the many shadows that lingered in the neighbourhood of warehouses. “Yep, Derek can back me up on that one.”

I opened the door and got out, the cold breeze causing even more goose bumps to arise on my arms, as the loneliness of this place was really creeping me out.

“Something big is gonna happen.” I said quietly as they all got out of the car and stood beside me, all of them staring at the vacant buildings. “And I’m not just saying that because I’m wigged out.”

“I feel it too,” Nate said as he looked around with a sharpened focus.

“Are you getting a psychic feel too?” Craig asked him as he looked around for Tom.

 “No, more like it’s something life changing and my wolf is rattling just as much as my witch.”

I turned my face to his instantly. My feeling had just been instinctual; there was nothing to do with my wolf in this situation.

So what on earth was he going on about?

And more importantly, should I be worried?

Craig breathed a sigh of relief as soon as he spotted Tom’s wolf bound toward us.

But both Derek and I stiffened when we smelled a cold, soulless infernal smell.

“What is that god-awful stench?” I wondered as I continued to sniff the air.

Nate sniffed once and began to growl at the same time Derek did, Craig and me looking at each other with utter confusion at their reactions, me because I had no idea why and Craig because he wasn’t a wolf and couldn’t smell anything.

And it was only then that I noticed the figures running after an oblivious Tom as he was concentrating on getting to his mate.

In an instant I was bounding toward him as I felt power trickle down my veins and toward the palms of my hands, “Tom get down!”

He instantly crouched low and I swung my arm back and thrust my hand out as if I was throwing a ball toward the figures behind him.

Except that it wasn’t a plastic ball. It was a ball made up of pure fire, and it hit the two pale creatures instantly.

I crouched beside Tom as soon as I got to him and we both covered each other as much as we could as the creatures immediately erupted in flames before they burst into ashes on the ground.

“Bloody hell,” I uttered as Tom shifted into his human form and instantly put his arms around me. “What the hell was that?”

The others were instantly next to us, Craig pulling both me and Tom into his embrace, muttering ‘Oh my God’ repeatedly before Derek snatched me out of his arms and pulled me against him in much of a shock as I was.

“That Mitchie was vampires.” Nate said quietly as he stared in the same direction I was looking in with disgust clear in his tone.

I stiffened in shock when I was standing up, but I guess I should have realised long ago that they would obviously exist.

Except…

“Wow, they are nothing like what I thought they would have been like…” I muttered, picturing the immensely corpse like pallor that they possessed, the unearthly beauty that they held as they sped toward us, but most of all the stench of death as their soulless eyes burned with fear in my own. “But they were afraid too.”