Future -

3 Years Later - 

Vik twirled in his dress and smiled at himself in the mirror. Freya peeked her head around the door and smiled. 

"You look beautiful Vik, you ready to go?" She giggled. Vik nodded and walked out with Freya. Ethan was waiting outside and as soon as he saw Vik, teared up. 

"Vik, you look amazing. Let's go, I'm sure Simon will want to see you." He hooked their arms as Vik heard the music playing. 

The bridesmaids - Kayliegh and Emily walked down to the end of the alter and standing in a row, Freya being the maid of honour and standing closest to the priest. The groomsmen - Josh, Harry, Tobi did the same with JJ there, closest to the priest as well.  All eyes were on Vik and Ethan as they glided down the isle, towards Simon. Simon looked very handsome in Vik's eyes and couldn't wait until he could call him his husband. As Vik walked closer towards Simon, his heart thudded and butterflies erupted in his stomach. He started to tear up as Ethan handed Vik up to Simon and say down. Vik smiled sheepishly and stared into Simon's astonishing blue eyes. 

-

Vik and Simon walked hand and hand out of the aeroplane and into the snow.  They got a lift up to their hotel and unpacked inside. 

"I can't believe you brought me here to see the northern lights.. I love you so much Simon." Vik smiled, his arms danging around Simon's neck as Simon's hands were wrapped around Vik's small figure. 

"I would do anything for you, princess," He smiled, leaving a trail of kisses along Vik's forehead. "Now let's get ready to see them." Simon grinned as Vik danced around like a child. Simon chuckled and grabbed his stuff, walking into the bathroom and having a shower. Vik waited outside, staring out the window in awe as he saw the white blankets of snow covering the mountains. Simon walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He picked out an outfit as Vik got into the shower. 

~

They patiently waited by the ice river. 

"Okay, let's stand on that rock." Simon grinned as he set up the camera. He pressed record and ran up to Vik as they stared up at the beautiful northern lights. Simon knelt down and took a box out of his pockets, opening it and smiling up at Vik. Vik turned towards Simon and gasped when he saw what he was doing. Tears dashed down his cheeks as Simon started talking. 

"Vik, you're my world. I love you so much and I want us to have a future together. I will love you forever and treat you like my queen. Will you marry me?" Simon smiled as he stood up and Vik nodded rapidly, hugging Simon and crying on his shoulder. 

"Of course I will. Thank you." Vik cried as Simon snuggled Vik into him. 

-

The priest started talking to the couple as they both grinned at each other. 

" Vikram and Simon, today you are surrounded by your friends and family, all of whom have gathered here to witness your marriage and to share in the joy of this special occasion. Today, as you join yourselves in marriage, there is a vast and unknown future stretching out before you. The possibilities and potentials of your married life are great; and now falls upon your shoulders the task of choosing your values and making real your dreams. Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life." The priest stated. 

"Vikram, please repeat after me, 'I, Vikram, promise you, Simon, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honour the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together." The Priest asked as Vik nodded.

 "I, Vik, promise you, Simon, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honour the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together." Vik smiled as Simon grinned. 

"Simon, please repeat after me. I Simon, promise you, Vikram, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honour the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together."

" I, Simon, promise you, Vik, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honour the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together." Simon smiled and looked down at his hands, looking back up into Vik's beautiful brown eyes. 

Simon's brother walked up and handed the rings. 

"I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to be with you, for as long as I live." Simon's cheeks turned slightly pink, sliding the ring onto Vik's ring finger. 

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you." Vik teared up with happiness, sliding the ring onto Simon's ring finger.

"And now, by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you Simon and Vikram Minter. You may kiss your groom." The priest smiled as Vik's hand trailed up Simon's cheek and Simon's hand snaked around Vik's waist as their lips joined together for a loving kiss. Cheering and whooping was heard around them as they disconnected lips and exchanged, I love you's.

-4 Years later. 

Vik held his 3 year old daughter in his arms, with tears streaming down his face. 

"I miss him, Lia." Vik sniffled, bouncing his toddler on his waist. Vik set her down by the grave in front of them. He took out beautiful white roses, setting them down by the grave. 

Simon Edward Minter

7 September 1992 - 15 May 2024

Died from house fire. 

May he be dearly missed.

"To think we started out from having the wrong number. Fate pulled us together. We miss you Simon.. Me, Lia, the boys, the fans.. All of us.. We love you.." Vik cried, giving a flower to his daughter as he put the rest down. Lia put the flower by the grave.

"Miss you, Dada.." She frowned. 

"Josh is broken, JJ won't leave his room, Behz has bags under his eyes when he visits.. Tobi cries when he comes to the house and Harry - he can't even look at the house without breaking down tremendously. We really do love you Simon and you had a big impact on us.. The house is under construction right now. W-We asked them to save everything of yours!" Vik broke down.

"I'm glad we had the wrong number.. I love you..." Vik frowned, picking his daughter up and leaving the graveyard. 

- XIX -