safe haven

*this chapter is in taehyung's pov*

Sometimes I wonder,
What did I do to have this life? Was it my past self being a jerk to everyone or did I do a massive crime? Was it because of my lacking believe in power greater than men? Or was it because I'm just destined to have it?

Whatever the reason was, I was losing hope. That tiny ray of sunshine that shone through the abyss had come and gone as I aged. Being in teenage juvenile wasn't my concern, but it was the memories of it. The stained reminder of my thoroughly dark past, the shadows haunting and their eyes disgustingly beating my self-conscious.

It didn't cross my mind, to have something to hold on to while I'm facing the storm. The only family I have was lost in her own world, created and fed by her taunting trauma caused by troubled father, leaving me alone in the cruel world,

"What are you thinking about, Tae?"

Until she came around.

Her dark-brownish hair bouncing effortlessly, eyes lovingly gazed into mine and arms circled on mine, letting our body warmth radiated to each other as I smiled to her

"You", she giggled shortly before nudging me

"Damn cheesy, boy. I'm right here already!" She let go of my arms and walked ahead of me, venturing the inhabited pine forest with her innocent admiration.

Her presence warmth my heart, her sense of vulnerability awaken the instinct inside me to protect her, her laugh soothed my insecurity and I felt something I had lost a long time ago, being loved.

"Wait for me, stubborn", wrapping my arms around her as she eyed me weirdly

"You're really clingy today", she teased, "Did you something wrong? Or was it to make up for the way you text-zoned me earlier?"

Placing my chin on her shoulder as I chuckled, "Can't I touch my own girlfriend? Such a cruel world we're living in"

My dramatic reply caused her to gagged in a joking manner as we walked closer, body pressed to each other, to the place I wanted her to see.

"Wah!" The smile on her face and excitement escaping her mouth resembled the kind of scenery she's watching, "I didn't know this exist!"

"You're welcome", My eyes absorbed the high-speed water and heard the sound of water following gravity as it hit the stoned ground, flooding the path with fresh crystal clear liquid, "Welcome to my paradise"

When you love someone, you want them to feel loved and appreciated. I'm not materially capable, so in exchange, I took her places she had never been before, letting her enter my world little by little. I can tell from her eyes that she's impressed, which was all I needed.

"You're really is amazing, Taehyung", she said while sitting down to fully witness the small yet breathtaking view of the waterfall, "I don't know how you managed to find this kind of place"

"Since my house wasn't exactly a home, I seek for peacefulness and solitary, finally find this place to go to when I'm just stressed out and need to sort my mind"

"Tae..", I unknowingly made the mood gloomed a bit. So I rubbed her head playfully to ease her emotions

"There's nothing to be sad about", I smiled, "All the troubles led me to find awesome dating spots for my future girlfriend"

"Girlfriend in singular or plural form with an s?"

"Yah!" I realized what she meant by that and tickled her, "I'm not a petty player"