doll-face

It was getting heavier, each steps I took and when I saw that eerie-looking gate, the fading yet unpleasant white walls of the asylum. I was debating internally, asking myself repeatedly the reason why I once again invaded Taehyung's personal matter.

Holding tightly onto the journal, I braced myself to the receptionist table,

"Hello, I'm the 1 pm slot"

The blonde lady looked up to see me while chewing her gum. We both looked at each other and soon realization hit both of us, "It's you", we both chanted in unison

"You're 1 pm slot?" She looked at her attendance list and furrowed her eyebrows, "But it was stated here that your name is Kim Hera"

I cleared my throat, "So what? It's my name"

"It was said here that you're a distant relative of Kim Taeyeon", she lowered down her fake working glasses, "Which means Taehyung's as well"

I loosen the collar of my sweater anxiously and avoided her gaze, "Look kid, I might dress like this but I'm not dumb. There's two simple reasons for this : First, you and Taehyung are in some forbidden same-blood relationship shit or second, you're lying"

Somehow, my eyes managed to matched her level and she instantly smirked. She knew the reason was the second one,

"Ugh fine, you got me. Just- keep it to yourself, okay-", I paused to think whether I should be rude or add politeness, "Please?"

Her ears perked up, "Tell me what's going on first then I'll decide"

"Heck no", I reacted, "Why should I tell you anything? You flirted with Taehyung in front of my eyes-"

"Technically flirt with present tense but well..."

"See!" I raised my tone as she rolled her eyes

"Chill, will you? I'm only doing it because it's boring here and he seems fun to mess around with. No need to dramatize", she rested her elbow on the desk, "Now spill or I'll tell Nurse Hwang"

"I'll agree if there's an exchange of information"

"What? This is not negotiable"

"I should probably report the police because my boyfriend was harassed by an old woman"

"Oh please, like you can-"

"My friend's father is the police chief", I was referring to Seulgi's father and my tone meant to be heard as certainty

She finally gave up and massaged her forehead, "I'm getting older by seconds when you're here. What do you want to know?"

"Tell me about Taeyeon-ssi. You better speak truth"

She sighed before replying, "I didn't know much since I'm a fucking receptionist, but here's what I heard. They said she has been talking to herself more lately, mumbling inaudible words and drawing pictures. She refused medications and therapy sessions. The only time she was behaving was when Taehyung and that cute dimple guy visited"

Cute dimple guy?

"But Taehyung rarely come these days", she eyed me up and down, "Probably busy with you. Well, I'm done talking now, it's your turn"

With many doubts, I decided to tell her.

"Using a fake identity to visit his mental sister", she laughed, "Hillarious"