unveiling

"You sure bought a lot of groceries for one person", I teased while bringing a paper carton bag as he was holding one too

"What do you mean one person? It's for you too, silly", he casually stated, "I know how easy it is for you to get hungry after dates and we stop by my house way more than yours"

Taehyung and I had been great. He wasn't at all suspicious about why I refused to discuss college or the reason why I rarely let Taehyung stayed too long at my house. Haneul was still a bit sensitive about KNUA, which was my dilemma.

"Okay I get it", I pursed his lips together with my fingers, "I don't want you to spend too much money on stuff like this, I feel bad"

He shook his head, "Now you need to stop thinking like you owe me something when I did it out of sincerity. Take it as practice before we actually move in together"

The last three words sent shivers to my spine. He needs to stop cracking these sentimental jokes- oh wait, he didn't know.

"What are you saying", I ignored him and looked ahead. Thankfully, we're almost at his place until I saw someone standing in front of his door

"Taehyung, are you expecting someone?" I whispered as he raised an eyebrow

"Why are you whispering?" He paused, "No, I am not, why?"

I didn't say anything but pointed out the stranger in black. Taehyung looked at the man and his jaws immediately tightened as he moved me behind his back, "Stay behind me"

He held my wrist and he looked alarmed,

The unknown person turned around and caught Taehyung's glare. Without hesitation, the male revealed his face by coming into the light. He was wearing a neat white shirt with navy tie and black trousers, he had this aura of bravery

As he approached us, Taehyung's grip on me got tighter as the thirty-ish man removed his cap, "Kim Taehyung?"

"Who are you? Who sent you?" Taehyung bombarded him with bizzare questions as I raised an eyebrow

"Easy, Taehyung. I take it as you have forgotten who I am", he took something out of his pocket, which seemed like an ID card, "My name is Lee Taewon"

Taehyung's eyes were suddenly shaking as he looked at the man in pure realization and a bit of horror,

"Do you remember me, Taehyung?" He smirked, "It has been three years already and I haven't visited you for a long time, I'm sorry"

"Y-you...", he stuttered, "Why are you here? I thought you have moved to Seoul branch"

They knew each other?

"I did", he sighed, "But since you're out, perfectly healthy and safe, I feel like this is faith. I want to help you-"

"Stop", he shook his head, "The case is closed and I've done my sentence"

"I know, but I told you when I first handled your case about the promise-"

Taehyung turned to see me, who was openly eavesdropping the little conversation as the man saw me,