Ch.11 Stolen Glances

Kaylee tried to go through with her day at her normal schedule but just that she could remember everything, Suri arriving, and Graham's curse was breaking put her on edge. It still confused her how little she played in the part of the curse and yet she remembered just like Mr. Gold and Regina. That was because Regina made one flaw in the Curse, to have someone who wasn't born into magic remember. Someone like the magically gifted like she and Mr. Gold.

Kaylee opened the door to Granny's and gasped when she saw that Graham was sitting at the counter. He looked over to her with tired eyes, looking pale with bags under them. She only gave him a glance as she turned and went over to her normal booth, the one that she apparently has sat on for 28 years. Graham had followed his gaze over to her and wouldn't stop staring at her as Kaylee tried her best to look at the menu, looking for something more interesting.

She wanted to so much just run up to her Huntsman, hug him and kiss him passionately like how they used to in the forest. Kaylee balled her hands into fists as she bit her lip, hoping to somehow restrain herself. In due time, she will have her Huntsman in her arms.

She took one small peek over to Graham and noticed that he had gotten up from his seat and was slowly putting on his jacket. Graham stopped and looked at her for what seemed like the longest time. At first, Kaylee thought that perhaps the Curse had broken off of him but then she realized that she was wrong. He gave her a slight nod before he took his keys and slowly made his way out of the diner.

Kaylee turned around and looked back at the menu as she felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. Something suddenly sat down in front of her, making the young woman jump and look up. Ruby was sitting in front of her with a smirk on her face. Kaylee let out a sigh of relief as she had feared that it was the queen.

"I saw that" Ruby spoke up, "The way you two were looking at each other from across the room. Something's going on between you two"

"Let's just say we finally found a common ground" Kaylee spoke up, "I'm a bit worried about him though. He doesn't look like himself lately"

"Maybe you should coax him into your apartment and cure him back to health?" Ruby suggested with a wink that Kaylee knew all too well that Red would never wish to do or suggest.

"Horndog" Kaylee rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying that maybe it will give you two the push you need" Ruby giggled, "You'll thank me later"