Ch.25 Prove Your Wrong

The next morning, Kaylee ran around her apartment as she tried to hurry out the door. Normally this wouldn't have happened to her but upon her powers awakening she found out that all her body wanted to do was sleep and recharge instead of going off to work.

"Can you have a mocha ready for me when I get over to Granny's?" Kaylee asked into the phone.

"Sure thing, I'll make yours a to-go right away" Ruby replied as she hung up the phone.

"I'd hold that thought if I were you" Suri spoke up.

Kaylee looked up and was about to question the wolf when she suddenly heard a knock at her door.

She glanced over to the door as her body tensed up, she looked over to the wolf who went and hid herself behind the couch. Kaylee dropped down her lab coat and walked over to the door without even thinking about looking into the peep-hole.

She was expecting anyone in town but the Sheriff standing at her door, Kaylee dropped her mouth before she said, "Why didn't you tell me not to answer the door?"

"Good morning" Graham said, making Kaylee realize how much she missed his accent.

"Because he's family to me" Suri replied as she walked over to Graham's feet as he happily bent down and started to pet her as Kaylee had no choice but to close the door.

"He's sleeping with the enemy... literally" Kaylee remarked.

"At least hear him out" Suri argued, making Kaylee roll her eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize"

"For sleeping with the Mayor and no telling me about it?"

"Try to see it from my perspective, you're not the one who has to have sex with her knowing that you would rather be with the one you love"

His outburst echoed inside Kaylee's head as she realized that she didn't know what to say at that moment. She suddenly felt guilty for not giving him a chance to explain until now when instead of listening to Regina of all people.

Kaylee looked over to Suri, "Give us a moment"

Suri then did as she was told and turned and walked over to the guest room, leaving Graham and Kaylee alone in the open-spaced apartment.

"I just thought that you were supposed to be the Sheriff and nothing else" Kaylee finally said, breaking the silence, "I never once thought that you and Regina had a relationship"

"But you get the picture, don't you?" Graham asked, "If I suddenly told her that I wanted to stop she would've suspected that something was going on"

Kaylee took in a deep breath, "I need you to do something for me"

Graham then took a step closer to her, "Anything"

Kaylee walked over to the door and opened it to reveal the hallway, "Get out"

"What in the hell are you still doing here?!"

"I'm not leaving without you!"

Humbert grabbed onto Kaywinnet's arm as he forcibly tugged her and took her away from the main road that he knew was Queen Regina's favorite.

"If she finds out that you were close to her castle she would have your head on a silver platter by midnight"

"She can't hurt me... not as long as your heart is in her possession"

Kaywinnet then tugged her arm as she quickly sent it to her side, Humbert turned around and was about to argue with her but then noticed the tears in her eyes and how her jaw was clenched so tight that he was sure that her teeth were grinding on top of one another.

Humbert sighed, "I'm doing this to protect you"

"You don't know what it's like out here anymore. The quarrel between the Queen and Snow White has nothing to do with you" Kaywinnet reached out and gripped onto his hand, "Either you take back your own heart or I will. Just come back to us"

Kaywinnet watched Humbert's eyes as he could see sadness and also a blank slate written all over his face. She wanted more than anything for Humbert to smile and nod as her, the same fearsome Huntsman that she had fallen in love with. Her heart sank as she realized that he made no move into agreeing with her so she just turned and walked away, Humbert moved to speak up but then realized that he couldn't. He watched as she left out of his sight, wandering when he was ever going to see her again. Humbert sighed as he turned and looked back over to the castle, disgust rising up in him as he forced himself to make his way back over to the cage that now he had to force upon himself to call his new home.