Ch.15 Not Yet

The next day, Kaylee decided to walk to her work instead of her normal scenic route. Something told her that day she would be hearing a lot of sad songs on the radio that would make her cry. Hell, she already cried herself to sleep the night before just directly after Graham left. Suri couldn't even comfort her no matter how hard the wolf tried. Kaylee let out a sigh as she stuffed her hand in her pocket and held her umbrella out as the rain poured down around her as the Animal Clinic came into view. She let herself in and shook out her umbrella and gave a pleasant 'good morning' to David Nolan, the new volunteer at the shelter. Actually, the only volunteer that seemed to have dropped by. Kaylee let out an irritated sigh as she made her way over to her office, thinking that Regina would've probably been a bit more detailed about their past lives.

"Hey! Sorry on running into like this" a voice came from behind her.

"Hello, Emma! What can I do for you?" Kaylee smiled as she let the blonde woman in, "Funny how Henry showed up here yesterday and now you"

"I guess I should start-up a Rookie Deputy thing now" Emma gave a toothless grin as she sat down.

Kaylee turned on her computer then turned back to her, "I'm sure he would like that very much. He's always going on and on about you"

"The kid's been growing on me and I've got to say I think I'm starting to like him too. Even though Regina still is trying to kick me out-of-town" Emma huffed.

"To hell with Regina!" Kaylee snapped.

Emma blinked, "Wow, never thought I would hear someone from this town say that about her"

"I'm sorry" Kaylee let out a little laugh.

"No, it's actually really refreshing!" Emma quickly objected.

"She's been getting under my skin as of late" Kaylee blushed.

"At least someone in this town doesn't sound like they're living in a fairytale" Emma relaxed in her seat, "I was starting to think that I drove into my very own Pleasantville"

Kaylee nodded, "I didn't really think that Regina was such a bad person. I just thought that all Mayors always sounded like they had their foot up their own asses. Then that's when you came along. I realized that Regina has abused her power for so long that someone should try to stop her. Of course, I couldn't really do it. I wouldn't even know where to start"

"Too bad she doesn't have any pets to run a scam from" Emma muttered.

"I guess letting rodents out in her house will just have to do" Kaylee joked.

"I would love to live to see the day" Emma smiled as she leaned her head all the way back, "If only that could come true"

"I think really she's just jealous of your relationship with Henry" Kaylee confessed.

Emma nodded, "I try to let her in just to make it easier for her but she just spits in my face every time"

Kaylee sighed, "She's a witch, what do you expect"

"That's actually kind of funny how you say that" Emma noted, "Henry keeps on mentioning this fairytale book that he carries around with him wherever he goes. He believes that everyone is in this book. He even has a part in there for you, Kaylee. Anyways! He says that Regina is the Evil Queen. Henry keeps on mentioning that the Evil Queen is some type of sorceress that has a hold on the land. I just thought that you saying she was a witch and him saying that before you was kind of weird coincidence"

Kaylee couldn't bring herself to comment about the 'coincidence' so she just nodded and looked away. She could tell that Emma was still oblivious about the Curse and still thought of it as crazy. A sinking feeling fell down inside of her as she thought about her friends in Storybrooke. She wanted so much to believe that the Curse will lift up the veil on her powers and let her be the way she was. But to do that, Regina will also have her powers back. Kaylee highly doubted that Mr. Gold will help her restrain Regina so she would have to rely on herself. Kaylee popped out of her imagination and looked back over to Emma. The blonde woman looked so much like her mother and father combined. She couldn't wait until Emma would figure out who she really was and what was her destiny.

"So anyways!" Kaylee smiled, "What brought you into my office today?"

"Actually, it's nothing" Emma's face fell, "I should probably get going. Don't want Graham to start-up a search team for me"

Kaylee raised her eyebrow, "I don't buy it. What's going on? Do you need help on something?"

"Do you know where Graham was last night, Kaylee?" Emma asked slowly, "I don't mean to scare you or anything. He's perfectly fine... for the most part"

"He was with me last night" Kaylee answered, "He was wondering around in the graveyard when I found him. I brought him home to my apartment for a while until he was able to function correctly. Not 100% as I would've liked but he kind of didn't want to overstay his welcome"

"Really?" Emma asked with a smile on her face, "Good! I just wanted to make sure he was okay. He didn't really look so good yesterday"

"Glad I could help!" Kaylee yelled out at the blonde as she quickly left her office, "Come by anytime"

Emma quickly raced out of the animal shelter and into her car where Henry was waiting for her.

"Did you tell her?" Henry asked, "You shouldn't have! It will devestate her! If Graham wants to tell her then let him do it. Kaylee's been through enough already. My mom's taken Graham away from her once, don't let her find out about what they have done"

"I couldn't tell her"

"Couldn't?" Henry looked to her in confusion, "But that's the reason you drove over here"

Emma let out a long sigh, "Because she reminded me of myself. When I was with your father, Henry"

"Really?" Henry looked back over to the building, "So she doesn't know? You didn't tell her anything. Not even hint to her about their affair?"

"Nothing" Emma shook her head, "I couldn't bring it up to her. I didn't want to be the one to break it to her"

Henry nodded, "Good! You did the right thing"

"Then why do I feel worse? Like I should tell her about what Graham's been up to" Emma looked down to her son.

"Probably because you hate my mom so much?" Henry brought up, "And you have a good friendship with both Graham and Kaylee"

"Which gives me more of a reason to do it" Emma laid her head back onto the headrest, "I caught Graham two nights ago sneaking out of her house. When Kaylee said that he was at her apartment last night, I thought that he was going to confess. But when I looked into her eyes, I could already tell that he didn't say anything. He lied to her even though he knows that she has feelings for her and so does he. It makes me sick how he could lead someone as good as Kaylee on like that. We need to get you to school. It's almost 8:00"