Ch.31 Black Heart

A wave washed over everyone just as Emma Swan's lips touched Henry's forehead, revealing that the Curse was broken. Graham looked around him to see the nurses, doctors, even the people in hospital beds look around with shocked expressions written all over their faces.

"I love you too, mom"

Graham turned back to see Henry hugging Emma as he couldn't help but smile at he boy who just cheated death. So the Curse truly was broken by love's first kiss, something Graham was worried that Emma wouldn't ever find in her heart. Almost as if she knew he was thinking about her, Emma turned to Graham and smiled but something off in the distance made her smile fade as she tensed up.

"Graham..."

He turned around and noticed that Suri had run through the hospital and was standing behind the Huntsman, the she wolf was waving her head to the back, growling, and even letting out barks at Graham almost like what a real rabid beast would do in the wild.

"What is she trying to say?" Henry asked from his bed.

"It's Kaylee... she's in trouble"
The dawn was barely breaking through the horizon, waking up nearly every single creature, both human and animal alike for a new day.

"You should get some rest"

"I don't feel like sleeping"

"I know exactly how you feel right now. I too didn't get what I want out of our little amush" Snow White sat down next to Kaywinnet, "But we were so close, we just need to rethink our strategy and try another approach. She knows what we are capable of and is probably terrified that we've gotten so close to destroying her"

"You're wrong" Kaywinnet spoke up, "That's not what I was thinking about"

Snow cocked her head to the side and looked at Kaywinnet who seemed distant as the trees on the farthest valley. She scooted closer to the woman, as if beckoning her to tell the lost princess what was going on in her mind.

"When I touched the Evil Queen and her power transferred into me" Kaywinnet started with her voice already breaking, "I felt bad, hideous, and unpleasant as her dark magic just consumed me almost within an instant of touching her. But that's not the worst part; her powers are so addicting and I want more than ever now to be able to control the dark forces as she is doing right now"

"I won't let you get to that point" Snow shook her head as she placed her hand on Kaywinnet's knee.

"Humbert had always told me to never touch her, he didn't want me to become like her"

"I can assure you that you won't become like her"

Kaywinnet looked down to her hands as she noticed that they were shaking violently, craving for the dark forces to go through their veins once again. She let out a shudder as she wrapped her arms around her legs and nestled her cheek into her knees.

"There's no way in stopping it. Her powers are too addicting" Kaywinnet sighed, "Maybe that's why she let me so easily touch her. Regina wants me to feel what it's like to be evil"

"You're talking crazy right now, Kaywinnet. I know we haven't known each other long enough but you've become Ruby's friend before mine. She talked so highly of you and it would break her heart if she knew you were talking like this" Snow encouraged, "I've lost Charming more than I can keep count and I know that it seems so frustrating and very easy to give up but I didn't, and neither should you. I owe my life to the Hunstman and I will do anything in my power to save him from Regina. I would've easily been dead if it wasn't for you to show him what true love really feels like"

"What must I do then?" Kaywinnet asked, "How can I make sure to not become so obsessed with the dark arts?"

"Try again" Snow White looked into her eyes, "You have to overcome it when the time comes again"

Regina tumbled out of the double doors and onto the street, letting out painful screams along the way into the middle of the road. A mob was just down the street and paused as they watched at the scene unfolded in front of their eyes, not knowing whether or not to take action or just sit and watch. Kaylee slowly walked out and onto the steps as she flipped up her wrist and made Regina stand up.

"For 28 years we have been under your control" Kaylee said in a dark tone that Regina knew all too well, "Now, I'm just sick and tired of taking orders from you"

"Then what are you waiting for?" Regina responded, "Kill me"

"Kill you?" Kaylee questioned, "Why should I? Then I would have no one else to hate in this world"

Graham, Emma, and Henry burst through the crowd to see Regina letting out a painful scream. Henry turned and looked to his mother as tears fell down his cheeks, pleading for Emma to make this stop. Graham charged over to Kaylee and slammed her wrist down to her side, making Regina collapse to the ground.

"Look at me" he commanded, "It's over... we're together now"

"I have to do this" Kaylee responded, "If not for you then for the other practicioners who have died before me trying to get away from her"

Graham cupped her face, "Let it go... don't turn into the Evil Queen"

Kaylee stared into Graham's eyes as she slowly smiled, letting her anger go as she grabbed onto his arms. Suddenly, she gasped, clutched her heart and doubled over as Regina squeezed the heart that she had in the morgue... but she was also surprised as well.

"You switched places with his heart"

Graham grabbed onto Kaylee as she let out a scream, "Let her go!"

"Why should I? She was just about to kill me" Regina gripped harder, "It's only in self defense that I do this. But then again... I've been waiting to get rid of her just as much as I have been waiting to kill Snow White"

Regina squeezed tighter as she heard the heart crack under the pressure in her hand, the feel of the grainy ashes was already seeping through, she was just about to crush the heart when Henry stood right in front of her, making her pause.

"Stop it!" Henry screamed out, "Can't you see that you're hurting her?"

"I have to do this, Henry. It's the only way to make people not come after me" Regina bent down to Henry's level, "Don't you see? I'm doing this for us"

"You made Storybrooke as a chance for a fresh start" Henry stated as he reached out his hand to her, "Give me Kaylee's heart"