Ch.26 Lonely Hearts

Kaylee scooped another mouthful of ice-cream into her mouth as Ruby laid on the other end of the couch, massaging Kaylee's feet. Ever since she had heard about Graham she had taken it upon herself to become the new roommate and always be there for Kaylee whenever she needed her. But so far it has only been three days and Ruby has been talking about nothing but the men she has met with in the bar recently, as she always seems to be talking about ever since she came into this Cursed town. Kaylee sighed as she looked over to Suri who only laid down in front of the two, she didn't have to read the wolf's mind in order to know that she was clearly annoyed with the other woman. She wanted so much to tell Ruby about their background's but she knew that in order to do that, it would deem her unsafe and also in the watchful eyes of Madam Mayor.

"Kaylee?" Ruby wiggled Kaylee's foot, making her friend snap out of her thoughts.

"What?" Kaylee looked up and noticed that Ruby rose her eyebrow at her, "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"Everything and nothing at the same time" Suri replied, "Good God, if only Red knew what kind of person the Evil Queen turned her into. We should just find a way to make this Ruby remember and by the next full moon, the Queen would be ripped into shreds"

Kaylee tried her best not to scoff and roll her eyes at the wolf as Ruby explained her situation once again. She recently all of the weird side effects have subsided when it came to her animal telepathy powers which was grateful for, she didn't really like the idea of fainting, headaches, and bloody noses every time her powers start to kick up inside of her. An idea popped into her head as she slowly sat up when she finally listened in on Ruby's story.

"Did you just say that you found a heart by the river?"

"No" Suri straightened up her head, "Could it be?"

Kaywinnet sighed as she looked down to Suri who was sleeping under the moonlight, the poor wolf exhausted herself out in her hopeless search of going through the Enchanted Forest. Kaywinnet looked over her shoulder as she waited to hear some kind of horse approach their campsite, praying that it would be Humbert coming back to them.

"Don't worry... He'll be back soon" she said mostly to herself.

Kaywinnet turned back to the fire but then noticed that something shifted in the air, making her uneasy.

She didn't even have time to turn and try to wake up the wolf before she saw a purple cloud suddenly tornado around her small campsite. Kaywinnet jumped up to her feet as she picked up her dagger out of her boot. Her heart pounded inside of her chest as the Evil Queen materialized in front of her with a smirk on her face, Kaywinnet looked over to the wolf and noticed that Suri was still asleep. It didn't take a genius to know that Regina had made the wolf stay in her sleeping form in order to have a one on one conversation with Kaywinnet. She clenched her jaw, glared at the Queen, and gripped her dagger tighter in her fist.

"Where is he?" Kaywinnet asked, "Give him back to me. If you don't, Humbert won't be so pleased in being cooped up inside your castle for long"

"Oh, I think he will. Because of you, the Huntsman has grown a little bit too fond shall we say. He didn't complete the task that I had him set out to do" The Evil Queen then took out from her dress a glowing heart, "So then I took from him the one thing that is holding him back... he's disgusting love for you. I have been watching you for sometime Kaywinnet and I know you are a very determined young spirit so I'm only going to say this once. If I ever see you near my premise or even within sight of your precious Huntsman, all just have to squeeze this heart and turn it into ash and then your true love will drop dead... got it?"

Tears sprung into her eyes as the Evil Queen let out a wicked laugh as the purple smoke enveloped around her once again, leaving Kaywinnet in the dark. Kaywinnet let out a sob as she collapsed down onto her knees, waking up Suri from her dead sleep. The wolf let out a whine as she walked over and nuzzled the young woman but all she could really do was bear hug Suri's neck and cry into it.