| Murder He Wrote • IV• |

[ F L A S H B A C K ]

Braxton Pov:
« 4:15 pm »

| Death before Dawn |

Omar sniffled wiping his nose as he stood upon me. His breath blew across my face the closer he became. He didn't say much as his hand softly patted the side of my face.

Omar traced behind me as I could hear is foot steps. Two guys stood beside his desk with automatic shotguns in their hands watching.

"We've been down this road before"

I knew he was referring to the drop, that's the night Troy damn near sacrificed his life for mine. My head dropped as old traces of dried splattered blood covered the concrete floor.

"Yeah I know. . But I got what you asked for this Time. What's the issue?"

Omar never aloud others to speak back when it concerned half of his profit. It was always about his image, his position, a boss never wanted to feel undermined by his own employee.

"Y'all hear this?"

His gun-man looked at me shaking their head, which couldn't mean anything positive. Omar picked the brown envelope from his desk walking back towards me.

"Make this drop at the old airport across from Akers Rd. You'll be expected by midnight, if"

He looked towards me as he sat at his desk.

"You say you want in fully, this is your shot. I'd advise you to make it count. It will be your last, and that's a promise"

He didn't smirk neither did he laugh, Omar was never the one to playfully make threats. Becoming a boss came with the win and losses, but I figured it was all about how you managed those losses and wins.

See Omar, he was 'wanted' which is why he got a lot of guys like me to do most of the dirty work. He had no other choice, but to stay behind scenes in order to protect himself and his profit.

Me and a few of the other guys have decided to do inside work and take most of his trade from him. Shit was dangerous, but it was also do able.

The side door opened as Ja'quille stood by one of Omar black SUV's. He nodded my way as I walked towards my car. "What time is the drop" he quickly asked dabbing me up. "Midnight, in the old airport" I whispered close to his ear as he stepped back nodding his head looking around.

"Everything should be in place, fast and quick alright. Don't prolong the situation. If they suspect anything, you know you're dead right?" He spoke looking into my eyes. Ja'quille new Omar system better than anyone.

He was in control of all the trade that happen within the city. I could never understood how he hide this from Troy and their mom for so long. His age made him the perfect candidate, because nobody expected someone to be this young doing a job so big.

That's why undermining Omar was never safe to do. "I'm not going to fuck this up. We've been over this plan for seven months now. Just make sure your part is done" I mumbled as he looked down at the envelope in my hand.