| Facing Reality | The Finale |

Saving what's left 2.0 |  breathe
• How it all Ended •

Officer Tré Pov:

The room grew colder as the moon looked down on us both. His eye lids twitched as i sat beside him.

I've visited every night hoping to be the face he wakes up too. His ears moved as my fingers trailed his scalp.

"I'm right here" i mumbled as my thumb rubbed his forehead. His eye was healing fine, as well as his lip.

The bruises on his body were clearing up. Lifting his shirt as i noticed a new brace on his rib cage.

Thank god our team made it in time, they probably would've killed him if we didn't. His wrist was healing fine too.

He might have to take a hand therapy class. They did cut through one of his main veins.

Leaning back as the door opened. a middle age white man walked into the room as he turned on the light by the door.

"Is he okay?" He asked walking up to his bed. "He's been in a coma for three weeks, but they have him under." I responded as he looked around the room.

"Officer Tré" i spoke with my hand out as he picked up my badge. "Shawn. His father" he replied as i shook his hand. "Are you the one who called?" He asked.

"Yes. He doesn't have anyone under his emergency call log, but i remembered the picture of you two in his restroom. Long story" i implied getting back to the main point.

"Why isn't he in the Bay Area?" He asked. "It's safer here. He was just caught up in the mist of an on going drug bust the city has been working on stopping for years".

"Drug bust. What? My son doesn't. ." Interrupting him. "He has nothing to do with it, but he did associate with people who did. He's okay, and everybody the Bay Area police department has been looking for is in custody" i stated as he turned towards his son.

"Thank you" he mumbled as he cuffed troys head. "Hey pops here for you son" he softly spoke before his phone rung.

"personal , i have to take this"
He mumbled as i watched him walk out the door. Walking towards the sink as i turned on the water.

Sighing as the water dripped from my face. "You look like shit" turning my head to him facing me. One of his eyes was open while the other was halfway open.

Smiling as i moved towards him drying my hands and my face. "How long have you been awake?" I asked. "Long enough to see you taking a hoe bath" he  muttered out with a slight chuckled before groaning.

"Don't laugh, you have stitches and wires in your mouth". He touched his mouth as his facial expression changed.

"It's okay. I promise" i softly spoke as he clenched up. "Broken ribs too" i smirked as he laid back down.

"Your dad is here" i softly spoke as he was looking around. "He stepped out to speak to take a phone call" i added on sitting on the stool.

"Don't speak. It's best if you just relax. You've been out three weeks" i chuckled. "Lost some weight too" i smiled at him.

Chuckling as we starred into each other eyes. Taking a deep swallow as i cleared my throat. "Um-" smiling at the awkwardness as the room door opened again.

"Your medical bills are taken cared of, and your mom is worried" he spoke looking at Troy as he walked closer.

"He has wires in his mouth" i spoke for him. "Oh. Is he missing teeth?" He asked sounding like a concern white father as i slightly chuckled.

"They repaired them before they wired them. I paid" i spoke as he nodded his head. "I'll write you a check. How long do he have to be in here".

"I'll recommend another week, just to make sure everything heals" i spoke as he gave me this look. "Dad I'm fine" Troy muttered through his teeth.

"You're not fine look at you" he groaned moving towards Troy. "I want you back home with me. You've already found a buyer for the beach house. Sale it, and move on from this life son" he pleaded grabbing troys Head.

Troy nodded his head as he pushed the red button beside him as a nurse walked in. "Yes mr.Dixon?" She asked smiling at him. He held up the number three as i turned towards the chart.

"I'm going to need you gentleman to leave so he can rest" she politely said. "So you putting me out?" His dad asked chuckling. "Love you pops" he muttered. "I'll see you later, I'll gather your things" he spoke. "It was a pleasure" he said shaking my hand.

His dad walked from the room as the nurse stood there waiting for me. "Guess I'll see you later" i mumbled.

He titled his head towards me, as he cuffed my hand. "Thank you" he softly spoke as i nodded my head. "Anything for you" i smiled caressing his hand.

"Tré" he called out as i stopped by the door. "wheres Braxton?" He asked.

There was a long pause as i debated on sharing the news as i watched the tears in his eyes form as he turned his head to the side.

"I'm so sorry Troy". I mumbled as the nurse turned off the light closing the door.