Chapter 1

Always feel free to leave comments on my stories!! And enjoy!!

The sun sprinkled golden flakes lightly on the freshly dewed grass and the morning air was cool and crisp, inviting a welcomed peace. Roses bloomed, along with the other flowers, but none fascinated dipper as much as the rose. To dipper, the roses resembled everything he knew and loved about the summer season. There was the bright red tone that set the mood for the warm weather, the soft, smooth petals that showed the beauty of the world being in bloom, and the thorns at the base. The thorns represented all the things dipper didn't like about the summer. All the painful memories that the summer brought around each aching year. Indeed the thorns were the worst part of the rose.. but that's why the petals are on top. It's the good things that matter and the good things that should show.
Dipper and Mabel were riding on the bus back to Gravity Falls. Ever since the first summer they arrived, they made it a tradition to return every summer and spend it with their grunkles, Stan and Ford.
The two of them, dipper and Mabel, were excited as ever to return annually. Dipper had actually began keeping his own journal, in fact he kept two. One of them was a journal like fords and the other one resembled more of a diary, but of course he wouldn't admit that. If he ever did he wouldn't hear the end of it via Mabel.
Mabel had only managed to become more obsessed with crafts and drama then she ever had been. Dipper found it annoying but Mabel didn't really care. Mabel was happy being the sillier person she was.
In fact, she never stopped wearing sweaters, although over the years they have become more adult like. For instance, she was wearing a light pink sweater that had a loose turtle neck. It almost looked like she was wearing a scarf and a sweater. As for the skirt thing, she had upgraded to long skirts and skinny jeans. Along with her sweater she was dressed in dark blue skinny jeans. Dipper was wearing a simple black hoodie, jeans and a red t-shirt he found in his closet. His shoes were even simple and consisted of regular black converse. Simple.

The bus pulled up to the stop and the two of them hurried out of the bus, Mabel dragging waddles behind her on a collar and leash. The pink pig scurried about, oinking at everything it saw, giving Mabel a real handful.
It wasn't long before Stan and Ford made their way over and began giving them hugs, cheering at their arrival.
"Dipper," Ford smiled, giving dipper a welcome hug. "You've grown even taller since the last time I saw you."
Dipper smiled at this, "yeah I guess I have."
"Well stop that, your making me feel old."
Dipper laughed, "sorry grunkle ford."

"Well what are we waiting for?" Stan called out, "lets go back to the shack!"
Everyone nodded and agreed to the idea. They were all willing to get home and catch up, but dipper had another plan he also wanted to see to. He'd made it a habit, after he found it 3 years ago...

After heading back to the shack, dipper and Mabel head up to their room, excited to see it again. It was last year that they had installed the slidable curtain that split the room in half for privacy reasons. It split the room directly in half, leaving a space where the door is, obviously. However, the curtain was drawn back at the time and the room was open.

"we're here again dipping sauce." Mabel grinned widely as she unpacked her things and placed them out on her bed.

"Yeah, can you believe it's been a whole new year?" Dipper added, obviously excited too. He placed his bag on the bed, taking everything out, including his trusty pocket knife he kept just in case.

"Nope. Our 11th grade year flew by so fast!maybe that was just out of anticipation for the summer."

"Maybe."

"Have any special plans you intend on seeing through with?"

"Plans?" Dipper laughed, "Mabel, what plans could I have?"

"I don't know~ any special girls you'd like to meet~?"

Dipper nearly pricked himself with the knife,