Chapter 5

When dipper woke up, he realized bill and him had never left the forest last night. Bill was already awake and he was standing up stretching, trying to get used to his body. Dipper didn't really know when he had fallen asleep but he didn't think it mattered.
Bill, after noticing dipper was awake, walked over and kneeled by him. "Hey pine tree your awake." He extended his hand in front of dipper's face. Dipper took it and bill helped him stand up.
"What time is it?" Dipper mumbled to himself, pulling his phone out of his pocket. 10:24 am. Dipper quickly realized his mistake. He had been out all night and he knew he was going to be in so much trouble if he didn't get back. They were probably all worried sick and dipper knew it. "Oh no, oh no oh no oh no"

"What?" Bill asked confused

"I've gotta get back to the shack. Everyone is going to be freaking out!" He stopped talking for a second and looked at bill. What was he going to do with him? "Bill, come on you're coming back to the shop with me. I'm not going to just leave you out here:"

"Why not?" Bill asked confused, "look I already told you I wasn't going to take anything over-"

"That's not the point bill, you didn't even know how to eat. Come on your coming back with me." Dipper grabbed bills hand with intent of pulling him.. but he blushed slightly and moved to holding bill's wrist instead.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"That."

"I... didn't do anything let's go." Dipper pulled him forward. "When we get back, your name is William, got it?"

"Sure got it." Bill said "why is that."

Dipper stopped on his tracks and gave bill a look "I can't have them figuring out it's you. They have to think your just some guy I'm friends with okay?"

"Alright fine have it your way." Bill responded, not really caring.

When they arrived at the shack, Mabel, Wendy, candy, Grenda, and both Stan and Ford were standing outside taking, everyone looked worried. That was until someone spotted dipper and all eyes turned over in his direction.
There was a strong silence in the air and Mabel ran over to dipper, giving him a hug

"Where were you?!" She asked angrily. You'd didn't come home last night like you said you would!" She was near tears.

"I'm sorry Mabel I had stuff I needed to do." Dipper responded. The group at this point had made their way over and everyone stood around dipper asking him questions he didn't know how to answer.
"So who's this?" Wendy asked, gesturing to the boy accompanying dipper.

"Hi, I'm William." Bill introduced himself.

"Dipper is this a new friend of yours?" Stan asked.

"Um, yeah I guess you could say that," dipper didn't know if he could call him a friends but what else was he suppose to say 'no i picked him up off the street'? Somehow, he didn't think that would work.

Wendy and stan pulled dipper off to the side for a second. Wendy had matured a lot, after all she was in collage now. She was a woman and an adult. "Dipper, did he drag you into doing something you shouldn't?" Ford asked

"What? What do you mean?" Dipper asked

"You didn't drink or do drugs did you?" Wendy clarified.

This upset dipper big time. How could them ever think he would want to do something as dumb as that? He could understand why they would thing that since he was gone all night, acting weird, and returned home with some strange guy, but they should have more faith in him. "What? No." dipper tried not to snap, "we were uh, looking for his dog, and I was using my phone as a flashlight so we lost track of time after it died. We ended up just staying the night at his place."

Stan had joined at this point and everyone collectively sighed in relief. They bought his dumb story, thank god. At least they had some faith in him. Enough to believe a story like that at least.

"Is it okay if my friend William and I hang out upstairs in my room?" Dipper asked. He had to get bill away from the crowd before he slips up.

"I guess that's fine but-" Ford started

"Thanks grunkle Ford!" Dipper called and rushed to grab bill's wrist again, hauling him off to his room. Mabel, candy , and grenda followed soon behind, without dipper and bill being aware of it.

When they got upstairs, dipper sat bill down on the bed and gave him a look "you didn't say anything did you?" Dipper asked

"What? Of course I didn't I'm not that dumb"

"Good, I don't know what I'd do if they found out."

Mabel had heard that and was curious so she burst in the door "found out what?" She asked.

"Mabel get out." Dipper responded, not having it.

"Hey dipper," she leaned over close to him whispering, "your friend is cute. If you set me up with him when you like some girl I'll set you up too."

Dipper gave her an uninterested and annoyed look, "no Mabel."

"Why nooot!" She complained

"Trust me he's not your type." He responded. "Look can William and I have a moment to talk? Please?"

Mabel sighed, "ugh, fine I'll be downstairs."

Bill waved at them as they left. "What am I going to do with you?" Dipper asked.

"I don't know, I'm surprised you went this far to help me."

"Yeah well so am I." Said dipper ,"it's just going to get me in trouble"

"Then ditch me." Bill suggested

"I can't do that. Look at you, you're hopeless."

Bill gave a glare, "yeah okay."

"I guess I'll have to convince them to let you stay here? Or maybe I can find somewhere for you to stay? Actually I know about a shack a little ways away from here people use for camping... I could put you there." Dipper was thinking out loud.

Dipper glances back over to see bill taking off his shirt. "W-what are you doing bill?" He asked blushing.
Bill gave him a look before touching his back, bringing it back there was a little bit of almost dry blood. "I must have cut myself." Bill responded. "I've never bled before. Besides pine tree why are you freaking out?"

"I'm not." Dipper huffed. He couldn't deny that bill's new form looked great without a shirt. He mentally slapped himself for that, he needed to stop thinking like that, it only gets him in trouble and makes him hate himself even more.

"Whatever pine tree."

"I need to get you out of here. To a shed about a quarter mile from here. Not far at all. I'll pack some things and you can live there for now. We don't really have much of a choice" dipper said.

I didn't spell check this ^.^ at all