Chapter 12

They sat in silence as Dipper worked the store, bill starring intently into dipper's soul while He pretended to ignore him. What did he want anyways?
"Are you just gonna stare at me, or are you gonna help?" Dipper asked with a role of the eyes.
"Oh, uh." Bill stood up. "What exactly am I suppose to be doing?"
"Restocking the shelves" dipper said monotone.
"Right, right." Bill sighed and his eyes locked on dipper again.
After a few moments of this dipper picked up the news paper from this morning that was sitting on the counter and shoved it in front of  bill's face, blocking his view. "Stop!" Dipper sighed."what are you even starring at me for anyways?"

Bill removed dippers hand and newspaper away until he had sight on dipper again. "I'm trying to read your mind"

Dipper flushed, "w-what? No! Those are my personal thoughts."

"Relax it's not working anyways, all I'm getting from you right now is.. colors." Bill admitted.

Dipper looked at bill confused for a moment before rolling his eyes and giving up, bill continued to stare. Dipper grunted and stood up, storming off into the house yelling "Mabel! It's your turn to run the shop!"
Bill followed patiently behind dipper and they ended up in dippers room.
Bill sat next to the window and dipper on his bed, flipping through his journals. He glanced over at bill, his face looked golden in the light from the window dipper blushed looking at the way the light curved round bill's cheekbones.

Bills stare all of a sudden returned to dipper and dipper flicked his line of sight back on the book. He saw bill smile out of the corner of his eye and the bill looked back out the window.
Dipper rolled his eyes, not really wanting to know what he was thinking.
"Hey pine tree."

Dipper refused to look up from his book. Eventually, though, he felt the bed shift and he saw bill sit at the end of his bed.

"Do I bother you that much being around that you won't heaven look at me?"
Dipper shifted the book down.
"Tell me, have you been thinking about what happened to us?"

Dipper sighed. "Of course I have. Do you really think I would sum it up to nothing? Darkness enveloped us and a voice screamed in another language I would consider that a bad omen."

"I think I know who it is." Bill admitted.
Dipper remained silent.
"I've... upset a few people in the nightmare realm. That's probably an understatement actually... well, long story short I.. don't think I can stay here any longer."

Dippers eyes grew wide, "w-what? But where will you go? You can't just-"

"I don't really have much of a choice. If I stay bad things are going to fall on your family, dipper. It's best I lure him out."

"But your powers haven't completely returned yet, if he attacks then-"

"I'll be fine"

"No you won't" dipper put a hand on bills shoulder.

"I'm flattered that you care so much."

"W-we'll," dippers hand retreated, a steady blush growing on his cheeks.

Bill laughed. "Besides wouldn't you rather me gone? You can return to your own sedentary life. You can sit here, read your books and not have to chase me around. I think that's not that bad of a thing."

"Ford has weapons, a-and ways to fend off demons-"

"Cause that worked so well last time." Bill chuckled softly. Dippers mouth closed. "It's best I leave pine tree. Trust me, in a year you'll have forgotten I was ever revived. Who knows, when my powers return I might just go back to the nightmare realm..." he had a soft smile.

Bill got up and head for the door.
"Bill wait-" dipper stood.

"What? Not gonna let me leave till I say goodbye?" Bill asked. Bill began to approach dipper,

Dippers eye brows furrowed, "I never said-" a pair of lips brushed softly on his own, and there was the feeling of prickly wood sticking to his shirt as he was pinned back against the wall.
"Goodbye pine tree." Bill pulled away and took one last glance at the blushing boy standing at the end of the room with a smile before pulling the door closed behind him.

Dipper stared at the door, his knees feeling weak. His legs practically slid out from under him and he sat on the floor of the attic.

And just like that, bill was gone. He left as dramatically as he entered, didn't he? Like spring and summer fading into fall. petals suddenly blooming bright and then wilting as disappearing.

I rewrote this a few times, every time it got shorter so.. this is what's left. But give a guy a break this chapter had a lot of important plot events!! But, to all my fan girls and boys and everything in between, don't freak out! Bill isn't gonna be gone forever, obviously. This just makes way for the next part of the plot. And aren't you glad, 12 chapters later and finallyz some romance? Lmao.

My gift to you, the whole reason you're reading the book,