Chapter 9

Note: I do read most all comments on my chapters so when you have conversations, welp. XD you know who you are lol.

Dipper smiled to himself as he doodled things into his note book while laying back against the leaves. He doodled a picture of what he saw as he looked up. The tree tops all curving around and the sun. Dipper had become a little bit of an artist over the years. It's not a skill he shows off or focuses on but he's found he's really good at still life art. His drawings are almost always accurate and proportionate.

He took his pencil and carefully shaded in with the graphite pencil and smiled at the end results. He held the paper up to the perspective he drew it from and closed one eye. He moved the paper in front and away a couple times to see that it was a near perfect copy.

He sat up, brushing some twigs and leaves out of his hair. He looked over at bill sitting by the water's edge, running his fingers along the surface. His toes dug into the mud.
Dipper closed one of his eyes again and began sketching the figure before him. He made sure to draw out bill's messy hair and upright posture. His defined jawline. Those looks that could gravitate anyone towards him.

Dipper held up the book next to what he had drawn and smiled, looking back and forward from the original to the drawing. Something seemed off. He figured it probably had to do with bill's natural glow. He just had a glow about him that dipper really didn't think could be replicated with just a pencil.

"Woah that really looks like him" Mabel's voice completely caught him off guard. Dipper jumped and threw his pencil at her.

"Don't scare me like that!" He pouted.

"Come on! I called your name while I was walking over. Were you really that far into your daydream artist world?" She laughed.

"Knock it off Mabel." He insisted.

"How come you're not in your swim gear?" She asked. Mabel has been the one to orchestrate this whole little event. Everyone was wearing swim suits but him.

" I am wearing it. It's under my sweatpants. I don't think I'm going to be swimming anyways so I don't know why I brought it," he answered.

"You're boring. We came out here to swim! It's warm today, besides candy and Grenda are here. Don't you want to be swimming around with two dashing ladies wearing swim clothes?"

"No" he said flatly.

"Candy is wearing a bikini,"

"Mabel, go get in the water. leave me be with my sketches," he grabbed the pencil from off on the ground.

"What? I'm going to force you in dipper pines mark my word," she put two fingers in front of her eyes and then pointed them at dipper meaning I'm watching you' then skipped off.

Dipper watched her run to the water line and be greeted by candy and Grenda. They collectively pulled bill up and they all were laughing heading into the water. Bill pulled off his yellow t-shirt and was just wearing the red swim trunks they'd just bought him.
Dipper watched him move around in the water with the girls, the water glistening under the sun.
It wasn't long till dipper noticed he was starring and dug his face back into his journal.

Dipper went back to shading some old drawings when an abrupt splash of water hit his face. He jumped back, wiping any water off his book and looked up at his attacker.
"What the hell!" He yelled.

"Oh come on it wasn't that much water pine tree." Bill laughed. He offered his hand to dipper. "Come on, join us and stop being a bump on a log.

"I'm not..." dippers voice faded out. The sun was shining just behind bill, creating a golden glow around him. His golden eyes practically glowed too and his blond hair was blowing in the subtle breeze. Dipper though he look like an angel. "Okay..."
Dipper took his hand and bill pulled him up. Their hands lingered for a second, but I wasn't dipper's doing. Although, the exchange was over quickly.

Bill dropped his eyes just past dipper's for a second but then he looked right back up. There was a silence for a moment with something hanging in the air.

A loud splash and some laughing broke the silence and bill looked down at the ground and then over at the water. "Let's get going, pine tree" His smiled returned in full force and he turned around and started skipping off.
Dipper lingered in the moment for a second before walking after him.

"Hey! Dipper!" Mabel shouted. "You decided to join us!"

"Yeah, yeah." Dipper waved hit off and began taking off his cover up clothes so he was just in his swim trunks. "Is it cold?"

"No. not really. But it's great! Beats the heat!" She laughed. Candy and Grenda snuck up behind Mabel and tipped her over into the water. She reemerged laughing her head off. Bill was already waist deep back into the water and he was motioning dipper over.

Dipper sighed and took a step in, feeling the cool water. It felt nice since he'd been burning up before.
Dipper ran into the water and followed Mabel and bill into the deep part.

They were swimming around for a while longer until Mabel was chased out of the water by candy and Grenda and they said something about getting popsicles.

Dipper sat at the edge of the water waist deep and watched the water. There were small ripple like waves flowing towards him and curving around his feet. Bill pushed himself in front of dipper and he looked up at him.

"What's up?" Bill asked casually.

"This is weird." Dipper responded.

"What is?"

"You. This is. This situation should be completely different to how it is and yet it's like everything is normal. Like nothing is wrong." Dipper sighed and picked up a stone from next to him. He threw it out to his left and it skipped twice before sinking in.

"I guess this is a bad time to tell you my powers are returning," bill twiddled his thumbs.

Dipper looked over at him in shock. "What?"

"I told you before that they would probably return... and this morning I woke up and I could just... feel it." Bill shrugged.

Dipper grunted loudly, "and now this! and yet here I am sitting in the water next to a dream demon with returning powers in bathing suits while waiting for my sister to get back with popsicles. If it could get weirder it would have happened already."

Bill stayed silent. "It would be weirder if you knew." Bill muttered really quietly.

"Knew?"

"Oh, you heard that did you?" Bill's face suddenly lit up red and his eyes widened. "Well then I should swim a lap yes." Bill suddenly pushed himself back into the water and started swimming around. Not long after Mabel returned with candy and Grenda and bill seemed to be avoiding making conversation.

Kinda a short chapter I know. I also didn't spell check it. But I'll be posting an authors note soon with details about another story.

I hope you liked this chapter and I tried to make some progression with their relationship. Also, bill has his powers back! Spoooooooook. Hahaha.