It must've been fate

Lia POV

I started unpacking my bag. I put all my clothes away and walked downstairs to where my mom was waiting for me to go to the grocery store. She had just looked up directions to the store because we have no idea where it's at. We got in the car and headed to the store. We got there within about 5 minutes.

"Mom where's the cereal at?" I said hoping she knew.

"It's on aisle 3 I think ha" as soon as she said that I was heading down to aisle 3. I was on my phone and I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going, until I bumped into someone.

"Oh my bad here let me help you up." I recognized that voice. I looked up and my jaw dropped. I was Shawn Mendes. Freaking. Shawn. Mendes. He helped me up and we just stared at each other.

"Hi I'm Shawn, sorry about that " he smiled and boy that boy had a amazing smile. I knew who he was so I didn't wanna seem like too much of a fan girl.

"Nice to meet you Shawn, I'm Lia" my voice was faint, and I'm pretty sure it cracked.

"Oh we'll Lia, I would love to get to know you sometime." He smirked.

"Sounds great." I was now smiling like a fool.

"Can I maybe get your number?" I seemed fine on the outside but in the inside I was exploding. Shawn freaking Mendes just asked for my number.

"Yeah." We exchanged phones and put our numbers in. We handed the phones back and I smiled at his contact 'Shawn❤️' we said our goodbyes and I walked back to my mom who was in the frozen food aisle.

"Lia where's the cereal? You were gone for like 10 minutes!" I remembered and ran back to the cereal aisle. I came back to see my mom in the checkout line. I put the cereal in the basket and walked to the end of the cart. Once they were done walked to the car and loaded the grocerys. The drive home was silent like always. We put all the grocerys away in the house and I went up to my room to take a shower.

Once I was out of the shower I got dressed, and checked my phone. I saw I had a text from shawn.

From: Shawn❤️
Hey I was wondering if you might want to hangout later?

A huge smile grew on my face.

To: Shawn❤️
Sure! See ya at 8(;

Sorry for the short chapter 😂 I'll update soon😜